Carson Daly

Gay People Wouldn't Have

Stopped Crazy JetBlue Pilot

3/28/2012 2:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Carson Daly does not believe gay people would have been able to restrain the pilot who freaked out on a recent JetBlue flight ... suggesting gays are simply not brave enough to handle dangerous situations.

It all went down on Daly's L.A. radio show this morning ... when he was talking about the flight and said, "Most of the people were on their way to some sort of security conference in Las Vegas ... it was like a bunch of dudes and well trained dudes ... thank god."

He laughingly continued, "With my luck, it would be like ... 'this is the flight going to [the gay pride parade] in San Francisco ... I mean, that would be my colleagues."

Then, changing his voice to sound like a gay stereotype, Carson said, "Uh, we're headed down to Vegas for the floral convention."

update_bar
3:10 PM PDT -- Carson has released a statement on Twitter ... saying, "This morning on my radio show I attempted to make fun of myself & offended others by mistake. I sincerely apologize."

Gail

Leave Carson alone... Crawl back into your little corner and keep to yourself and stop trying to cause trouble...

Everyone

Total non-story. Slow news day so you need to prod the GLAAD kids to get them to notice you? Wow TMZ, you guys are just shameless.

T. Bag Jones

Are we supposed to believe that Carson Daly would have taken any action? He'd be cowering in the lavatory tweeting about the chaos. Yeah, you're a real man there buddy.

Lester

Carson is a ding dong ... What an offensive commentary. Everyone should avoid all his shows !
Hopefully, he will have major backlash !

goosling

He would know since he's been a closeted homosexual for years.

D. McHugh

What an ignorant thing to say...especially from someone in the entertainment industry who owes a large portion of his career to gay writers, producers, directors, agents, etc. Clearly he's never seen international rugby star, Gareth Thomas or any other "butch" gay man. Clearly he needs to get out more.

scoopie

Suffering from a severe case of foot in mouth disease.

darbbrad

You tell that to the men in our military. And btw I thought you were gay!

Jonny Ransom

Wow, what a ****ing douche....always thought so. He just confirmed my suspicions. He's pretty dumb to basically quit his career by doing this.

Rob

Carson is an idiot. One of the toughist guys who participated in the 'take back the plane' attempt on United 93 durning 9/11 was gay. His comment is the dumbist, most ignorant thing somone could say. Take him off the air.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

Why is Carson an expert on gay behavior? As the saying goes...takes one to know one.

imarko

not funny. carson daly gets my "douche of the week" award. grow up! he's the *****...

jimmy

THATS FUNNY LAUGH GAY GUYS AT TMZ

Andrew

Who's Carson Daly? Ohhh right... he used to be famous.

Amy

Oh come on! He's just kidding around. I wouldn't get all mad if he said "knowing my luck it would have been a plane full of girls" and I'm female. Can we not joke anymore?