Carson Daly

Gay People Wouldn't Have

Stopped Crazy JetBlue Pilot

3/28/2012 2:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Carson Daly does not believe gay people would have been able to restrain the pilot who freaked out on a recent JetBlue flight ... suggesting gays are simply not brave enough to handle dangerous situations.

It all went down on Daly's L.A. radio show this morning ... when he was talking about the flight and said, "Most of the people were on their way to some sort of security conference in Las Vegas ... it was like a bunch of dudes and well trained dudes ... thank god."

He laughingly continued, "With my luck, it would be like ... 'this is the flight going to [the gay pride parade] in San Francisco ... I mean, that would be my colleagues."

Then, changing his voice to sound like a gay stereotype, Carson said, "Uh, we're headed down to Vegas for the floral convention."

update_bar
3:10 PM PDT -- Carson has released a statement on Twitter ... saying, "This morning on my radio show I attempted to make fun of myself & offended others by mistake. I sincerely apologize."

Jan Solo

He was already a has-been, so how much lower can he go. Jerk

Rob

Somebody tell this dip**** to take note of the recently repealed "Don't ask. Don't Tell" policy of our military.

Matthew Rettenmund

Two words: Mark Bingham.

mark

What a douche! I know plenty of big burly gay men who would be happy to kick Dadley sorry ass!

JustJenna

FFS, it's a JOKE people. Lighten up.

CasinoPImp

Carson is a no-talent twit. Why is anything about him "news"?

hardcore_flower

Carson blows, I mean sucks.

AntiSocialForum.com

I give props to bull-dyke lesbians for being tough and the TMZ clowns remove my comment.

CasinoPImp

This D-bag would have cowered like a little girl had he been on the plane. What a dip****

2idiots

Carson, question for you. Did you serve in the military? To be more specific did you fight in a war (Iraq or similar?). I doubt it. Just so ya know, those Gays that "arent brave enough" are the same gays who WANT to serve in our military and who want to fight for OUR freedom. Something tells me you weren't brave enough to enlist.

Outraged76018

Um...one of the heroes who fought the terrorists on Flight 93 was gay. Carson's a moron.

ManiacalZebra

That's just absolute stupidity to make a comment like that. Sexual orientation has nothing to do with courage or strength.

Bill

I think Carson made a funny comment, and maybe it's slightly insensitive. I am a gay man, and I think situations like these are ridiculous. While he may have been slightly insensitive, I think gay men and women can "get a spine" and not be outraged about every comment. In this case, I know PLENTY of gay men who would be too girly or terrified to help, just like I know plenty (like me and many, many others) who would be happy to fight if necessary. Some of the false analogies being used in this situation are ridiculous. Someone mentioned that if he had made the comment about someone black, everyone would call it racist. That's probably true. The difference here is that there is no stereotype of black people being "girly" or otherwise seeming weak and afraid of physical confrontation. There IS such a stereotype of gay men. Of course, there are plenty of cases where it's actually true, and no one in the liberal PC community want to admit that. I am a liberal. I am a gay man. I'm not offended. If everyone focused as much energy on not being so sensitive as we spend on trying to get everyone to speak more sensitively, I'm sure we could all get along without taking such ridiculous offense so often. I wasn't offended. I laughed. The holier than thou types who are decrying Carson are preaching to wrong crowd and wasting everyone's time. THIS is another example of why conservatives RIGHTLY laugh at liberals. Get over it and stop whining already!

Cheryl A.

Yeah, by accident. And all blacks are lazy, all Irish drink, all Italians are greasy, all Mexicans are illegal and pick vegetables and all whites are hard workers.

2idiots

Carson, if we were to judge YOU based on your VOICE, I'm sure many would assume you too wud be headed to Pride in San Fran or that floral convention you mentioned.