Carson Daly

Gay People Wouldn't Have

Stopped Crazy JetBlue Pilot

3/28/2012 2:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Carson Daly does not believe gay people would have been able to restrain the pilot who freaked out on a recent JetBlue flight ... suggesting gays are simply not brave enough to handle dangerous situations.

It all went down on Daly's L.A. radio show this morning ... when he was talking about the flight and said, "Most of the people were on their way to some sort of security conference in Las Vegas ... it was like a bunch of dudes and well trained dudes ... thank god."

He laughingly continued, "With my luck, it would be like ... 'this is the flight going to [the gay pride parade] in San Francisco ... I mean, that would be my colleagues."

Then, changing his voice to sound like a gay stereotype, Carson said, "Uh, we're headed down to Vegas for the floral convention."

update_bar
3:10 PM PDT -- Carson has released a statement on Twitter ... saying, "This morning on my radio show I attempted to make fun of myself & offended others by mistake. I sincerely apologize."

Jeff

Carson messed up. The topic of being a strong-guy on a plane, immediately recalls the 9/11 plane that was not used as a weapon of war. Marc Bingham is the name to look up, one of the passengers who fought back. He was a burly rugby player. Here's what you will find:

=====

John McCain recently delivered a eulogy to honor the openly gay Bingham, who was one of his supporters in the 2000 presidential campaign. In it he said:

I never knew Mark Bingham. But I wish I had. I know he was a good son and friend, a good rugby player, a good American, and an extraordinary human being. He supported me, and his support now ranks among the greatest honors of my life. I wish I had known before September 11 just how great an honor his trust in me was. I wish I could have thanked him for it more profusely than time and cir***stances allowed. But I know it now. And I thank him with the only means I possess, by being as good an American as he was.

New Orleans

Unforgiveable. And now he has a kid who will be raised with daddy's bigotry.

brent

i'm gay and i can do much more than most straight men, so that's not even true. i wouldn't have tried to stop him because i would have been laughing and cheering. you should see what i did to someone that drugged my drink, beat me until he thought i was dead, then dumped my body in the street at 4am. jokes are only funny when they are true.

Donnie

I know quite a few lesbians who could take out Carson with both hands tied behind their back.

MP

Much ado about nothing.

Lisa

Big deal! We're so damn sensitive in this nation anymore. Geez. Get over it. Get over yourself.

SusanCoyote

You in trouble girl!

Moonbeam

What about the gay fighter pilots in the armed forces who have received medals?

What about the gay orderly who ran through gunfire to safe a doctor who had been shot by a sniper in the emergency room waiting room, and got him safety into surgery?

What about my former neighbor who was gay and, when he heard that one of his female friends had been beaten up by her boyfriend, went over to the boyfriend's house and beat the crap out of him?

Regardless of anyone's religious or social conviction regarding the gay lifestyle, which I am not endorsing by this comment, let's at least not be completely illogical by making up our own "laws of physics" and our own "psychological profiles" which are not based in fact or experience. I've known heterosexual men who are too wimpy to have subdued that pilot, and gay men who could and would have done so almost effortlessly.

dee

so.... his way of explaining it is he was trying to make fun of himself????? WHAT is funny? what a RUDE F*** IDIOT

London Vik

People really need to get a life, this is a non event

jack

What a dumb Farkin moron. This is how careers end.

Dan

Carson Daly is a **** head...

lookItsMegRyan

I saw an interview with one of the guys who tackled him and he seemed pretty gay. Even if not, what this Carson person says isn't even true.

fstblk

Carson you're a MORON!!! My son is gay and he could've took this guy alone.So,you can imagine what he'd do to you.Carson Kresley could take you but,he's too classy to get in an argument with the likes of you.You're a MORON!!!!!

thetruth

...Yeah, Carson your sooooo "straight." I don't know who he thinks he's foolin. Def not me..