Carson Daly

Gay People Wouldn't Have

Stopped Crazy JetBlue Pilot

3/28/2012 2:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Carson Daly does not believe gay people would have been able to restrain the pilot who freaked out on a recent JetBlue flight ... suggesting gays are simply not brave enough to handle dangerous situations.

It all went down on Daly's L.A. radio show this morning ... when he was talking about the flight and said, "Most of the people were on their way to some sort of security conference in Las Vegas ... it was like a bunch of dudes and well trained dudes ... thank god."

He laughingly continued, "With my luck, it would be like ... 'this is the flight going to [the gay pride parade] in San Francisco ... I mean, that would be my colleagues."

Then, changing his voice to sound like a gay stereotype, Carson said, "Uh, we're headed down to Vegas for the floral convention."

update_bar
3:10 PM PDT -- Carson has released a statement on Twitter ... saying, "This morning on my radio show I attempted to make fun of myself & offended others by mistake. I sincerely apologize."

Randall

People love to stereotype. If everyone believes all homosexuals are cowards who gush over floral shows, so be it. That said, I am homosexual and 6'2" and near 300 pounds. I guarantee being a coward or caring about floral shows is in my blood.

thetruth

speaking of stereotypes, you hear ever Carson on The Voice?!?!? Talkin of fem closet cases... You'll be much happier Carson when you bust the doors off your own closet man. life's too short... nobody's buyin your act

Tom Liebengood

Haven't you learned from the other bullying "alleged" straights that such comments are so last century. I don't see your little wimpy ass coming to anyone's rescue either. Think before you make a bigger fool of yourself.

Ro

Hypocrites...You guys make black jokes all the time. Your hypocrisy is ridiculous. It's okay to air episodes of TMZ laughing off racist jokes (insinuations included) nearly every episode but when someone else does something similar (but in reference to another group of people..a group that a large number of your staff obviously identifies with) you get offended?? Don't dish it out if you can't take it. I LOVE TMZ. But this is honestly the first time you have completely pissed me off..keep it up and I'm done with watching and visiting the site.

buzz kill

The pilot was gay, thats why he flipped out. The co-pilot told a gay joke and he took a hissy fit.

gibby

funny as f**k !!!!!!

Kabala

Gays are as diverse as anyone - many of them would be happy to wrap lil Carson around a telephone pole.

Joey Boots

As a gay military veteran I take umbrage to this piece of ****s commentary - in his world there are no brave gays who have died serving this country - I bet this homo could kick his punk ass.

John

Gay people are such sensitive little drama queens. I honestly believe gay dudes are more girly than girls! Seriously, stop being little girls. Their reaction to what Carson said is exactly what Carson was talking about.

SImon

THANK YOU CARLA S. #13!!! I hadn't read all the comments AND logged in JUST to mention THIS FACT! As a news pundit, Carson should be up on current history ~ Mark Bingham is an American Hero and it was VERY well KNOWN that he was Gay and Proud... That was also the ONLY plane that was stopped from it's mission.
I am also glad you got this on the first page of comments as I was wishing that it was on the first page when I logged on... God Bless ya'
I am a fan of 'The Voice' & hate that he damaged the show's peripheral character but I don't believe he meant it with malice ~ I have known that he was a man of low character off stage though because of the insensitive comments he made about Tara Reid when she went through her problems ~ He said in regards to her, "I dodged a bullet there!" ON CAMERA he said that! She was a soul in pain from what I could see ~ A deer (doe) in pain!

SImon

^ABOVE: I was referencing Mark Bingham from FLIGHT #93 on September 11 who was an out & proud gay man who was one of a few who STOPPED the terrorist from completed their mission.

Gary

She is an ugly has been ....she always was lucky to even have a show....she should keep her mouth shut....biatch!

karlew

Ha! Biggest, meanest guy I ever met was gay. Funny how guys who usually talked about beating up "f*gs" never said a word about that when he was around.

Wilfred

Why do gay people always get offended by stuff like this? Obviously he made a joke... people joke all the time about black people, white people, short people, fat people, tall people, blind people, deaf people... etc. You don't see them constantly wanting apologies for the "hurtful" things that people say. Brush it off and get over it. How is this even news?

HungWang

Wow, what a moron. Dude, some gay people could kick your ass and some have tempers and so on and so on etc...they are not girls, they are gay! lol