Chris Klein

Booze Almost Killed Me

3/28/2012 4:09 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0328_chris_klein_bn_tmz_alcohol
American Pie’ actor Chris Klein says he had such a terrible problem with alcohol ... it nearly killed him.

TMZ broke the story ... Klein was arrested in 2010 for driving on an L.A. freeway with an EXTREMELY high blood-alcohol level ... and checked into rehab shortly after the bust.

Now, Klein is telling People.com ... if he didn't get help, "I would have died, and I think about that every single day.”

Klein says his drinking "got to the point where I was a fragile shadow of the young man that came into this business. Today, I'm the luckiest guy alive”

Tesla_Consulting

"Today, I'm the luckiest guy alive." DUH! Rollerball and SlipKnot.

b

He still drinks and hopefully in under a year it will kill him. What a horrible actor

Ali

I'm glad to see that he realizes how lucky he was that he didn't kill someone while driving drunk. I also hope he realizes that what he said is true, he's very lucky to still have a career. Now, let's see him walk the walk and not just talk the talk. If he strives to stay off the booze/drugs he's young enough and talented enough to get back into the game if not, he'll fail. I wish him all the best.

John

He was so hot when he started - absolutely. Too bad he's frumped out now. Nice guy though.

sm

I clicked the link in this article and, from the comments there, thought comment No. 13 was worth reposting:

"thatguysfamily: 652 days ago

"Hopefully this will serve as wake up call. My family member (Matt Maher Story) killed another innocent driver because he thought he was invincible and made terrible decision to drink and drive. He is now in prison sharing his story to prevent further tragedies from occurring
"thatguysfamily: 652 days ago"

Googled "the matt maher story" and was spellbound.

Could have been me.

Hopefully this will serve as wake up call. My family member (Matt Maher Story) killed another innocent driver because he thought he was invincible and made terrible decision to drink and drive. He is now in prison sharing his story to prevent further tragedies from occurring.

Keksi

So from American pie only Jewish guy didn't have mental breakdown or end up as addict.

Aladria

Good for him! He should hang on tight to that lucky feeling of being alive, bc it's right after rehab when relapses are prone to happen. Stay on the path, keep going along, don't veer off on any forks in the road. Once you're truly ready to live healthy...the burdens lift. You get lighter and lighter as the disease starts to fade; and you become stronger and more resolute.

Cartman

Him and Tara Reid were just attractive drunks they cast in the movie. Hollywood is hard for stupid people and drunks.

cindy

Stay strong Chris. It's good that you got help. It's not an easy thing to do.....overcome alcoholism. I know, because I'm a recovering alcoholic. My prayers are with you.

Wilfred

Sheboygan Lager!

Gerri

Lord. I guess it's time to arrest the alcohol for attempted murder? Hilarious.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2