$640 Million Mega Millions

You Got a Better Chance

of Dying By Flesh-Eating Bacteria

3/30/2012 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0330-lottery-getty
If you think you can win this week’s mega lottery, think again ... you have a better chance of being killed by flesh-eating bacteria than rolling in lottery gold.

The Mega Millions jackpot is at $640 Million (and rising), with odds of winning at roughly 1 in 176 Million ... but get this ... 1 in 3 people think winning the lottery is the ONLY way to be financially secure in life (eeek!).

So we looked into the odds and found a bunch of crap that is more likely to happen to you ...

-- Death by lightning: 1 in 2,650,000
-- Death by flesh-eating bacteria: 1 in 1,000,000
-- Getting eaten by a shark: 1 in 11,000,000
-- Death by fireworks: 1 in 1,000,000

That said… office pool?

anony

I don't need ALL of that....

batterup

Some low life dope fiend criminal on parole for rape in a hick town in BFE will win and almost everyone in the country will have contributed to his new found incredible wealth. YAY!

Skar

I bet the person that wins it is somebody that doesn't need it. It happens more often then you think.

frank

sound stupid to me cause there will be no actual winner

King of TMZ

The Odd of getting a Lindsay or Kim Story today
1 in 2 lol

Shawn

I hope Lohan wins it. Worth so much more in entertainment value.

nv89436

It's fun to dream about the freedom, luxury, charitable acts, and awesome health care if money were no object. I hope whoever wins it makes good use of it and doesn't become just another self indulgent fool.

OBAMA CLAUS

Thank you in advance for buying all those tickets for me. I will use the money wisely i promise. Some things are meant to be and i am meant to have more money than Oprah, of this i am positive. It might be messed up thinking but i can't help it.

In order for me to carry this whole thing off , i need that money.

Mayu

what pisses me off are these "celebrities" who buy between $700 - $10,000 worth of entries. What the hell do they need it for?! The top celebs who can afford $10,000 worth of tickets make more than what the total jackpot is, in less than a year. "Oh we'll share it with those who need it". really? I've been lower middle class for a while and I haven't seen any share of the billions of dollars stored away in Oprah's banks.

cotten kandi

I don't care I'm still feeling lucky! Follow me here @cottenkandi and cottenkandi.com

Sherri

That is not even funny my mom died from that very thing a year ago.

KtMay

Lucky me!!! I managed to get the flesh eating bacteria!!!

rita

I NEVER WIN!!!! WISH ONE OF THESE DAYS I WOULD GET LUCKY...WE DESERVE IT!!!

seders99

OMG!! One of the tickets were sold in my town..Red Bud, IL. I was soooo close. Fudge!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3