Whitney Houston

Cocaine Found in Hotel Room

3/30/2012 10:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Authorities recovered cocaine in the hotel room where Whitney Houston died.
Authorities recovered cocaine in the hotel room where Whitney Houston died ... TMZ has learned.

As for the quantity of cocaine that was found, official documents show one of the items police recovered was "white, powdery remnants." Sources tell us the powder was tested and it's cocaine.

We're told Beverly Hills detectives are NOT investigating rumors that someone removed cocaine from the room, because they're convinced it wasn't removed.

Sources directly involved in the investigation told TMZ early on ... no illegal drugs were recovered from the room. We have circled back with these sources who now tell us they were unaware at the time that cocaine was present.

0330_whitney_the_room_subasset
Bottom line -- cops are in the final stages of their investigation, but they are not focusing on anyone who possibly removed cocaine, because authorities are in possession of the goods.

0213_remembering_whitney_houston_footer

CURT

D@MN SHE DEAD!!!!!

evo

I think it's unfair how people talk bad about Whitney. At least she was authentic and died how she lived: coked up and drunk xD

Doug

When is the media ever going to learn........get your facts first which means do your homework before rushing to judgement..This is how you tranish your reputation..

CloBird

I will repeat the obvious: People need to WAIT for the official investigation results to be released BEFORE they say that this happened or that happened.
People are getting dumber by the second, dumber and trashier.
Everyone who spoke to the media saying that there was a coverup don't know what they are talking about. They are acting up emotionally, and some are being paid for their histrionics. And every tabloid that repeated these people's lies are equally stupid, reprehensible and untrustworthy.

ethel

I hope no one is shocked about this revelation regarding Whitney. The USA is a drug and gun culture, so what's the fuss

Sugar Kitty

So where's all the people who swore up and down she had quit the drugs?

THE BEAVER

I thought I read here before that they didn't find any cocaine in her room.

cindy perez

Goes to show her drug use had nothing to do with Bobby...She was still gettin high without him..

Darlene

Does this really matter? I didn't expect any different. Still, it really is none of anyone's business IMO I may have never been a fan, but she was a human being and everyone should respect that.

ethel

anonymous, I don't think people are blaming him for the fact that she used drugs. I think that maybe they feel that he could have been a positive influence on her instead of an enabler, I personally do not like bobby brown, and I have never liked him, even first edition days. I do not believe he meant her any good, how could he, look at the knd of person he is, I hope he doesn't get anywhere near the daughter, she has a hard enough battle to fight.

cmb0368

My Lord.. let the woman rest in peace. Yes, she had problems with drugs...she admitted it... she's human. What I will remember her for is the wonderful gift she was given, and thank her for sharing it with us. Whitney was a beautiful woman, and extremely talented. Let's all remember her that way. Love you Whitney, RIP beautiful!

Marie Jones

It is time to let Whitney rest in the peace she did not find living! There is nothing else that can be reported that we did not already know or assume. She lived the life of a rich and famous drug addict, who once had the greatest voice in the world!

biket

quite disheartening she was such a talented musician

KLo

As the "dust" might be sifting, has anyone considered BK a possible enabler? Not a pleasant thought, but were not the two in cahoots as self-proclaimed BFFs in the final years? BK was also on sight at TOD, with all sorts of red flags popping off. Why wasn't the soberiety team called in the second Whitney started exhibiting classic signs of intoxication? Oprah...also a fan of the whopper, scored with family sit downs within weeks of Houston's demise. BK, good lookin', kid...but was this an equally desctructive smoke screen?

Xhausted

Who cares? I can't believe it comes as a surprise to anyone. People are so gullible.