Keith Olbermann

I'm Suing Al Gore's Ass

3/30/2012 2:51 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0330-keith-olbermann-al-gore-getty-ex
Keith Olbermann tells TMZ, he's furious with Al Gore for firing him from Current TV -- claiming, "I will be filing [a lawsuit] against them."

As we previously reported, Current just fired Olbermann from his show "Countdown" -- and Al Gore released a statement, claiming Keith was disrespectful and disloyal to viewers.

Now, Keith is firing back -- "It goes almost without saying that the claims against me implied in Current's statement are untrue and will be proved so in the legal actions I will be filing against them presently."

Keith also says, "The truth of the ethics of Mr. Gore and Mr. Hyatt [Current co-founder] will come out."

Keith adds, joining Current TV was a "foolish" mistake.

Keith suggests there had been an internal war raging between him and Gore for more than a year -- though he doesn't go into specifics.

"I'd like to apologize to my viewers and my staff for the failure of Current TV.

Editorially, Countdown had never been better.  But for more than a year I have been imploring Al Gore and Joel Hyatt to resolve our issues internally, while I've been not publicizing my complaints, and keeping the show alive for the sake of its loyal viewers and even more loyal staff.  Nevertheless, Mr. Gore and Mr. Hyatt, instead of abiding by their promises and obligations and investing in a quality news program, finally thought it was more economical to try to get out of my contract.

It goes almost without saying that the claims against me implied in Current's statement are untrue and will be proved so in the legal actions I will be filing against them presently.  To understand Mr. Hyatt’s “values of respect, openness, collegiality and loyalty,” I encourage you to read of a previous occasion Mr. Hyatt found himself in court for having unjustly fired an employee.  That employee’s name was Clarence B. Cain.

In due course, the truth of the ethics of Mr. Gore and Mr. Hyatt will come out.  For now, it is important only to again acknowledge that joining them was a sincere and well-intentioned gesture on my part, but in retrospect a foolish one.  That lack of judgment is mine and mine alone, and I apologize again for it."

Faye

Olbermann is such a jack ass. Does anyone actually watch Current TV? I'm sure I get it on my cable line-up but I have no idea what channel it's on. I can't think of two people who deserve each other more than Olbermann and Gore.

JUSTUS

AAAAAWWWWWW......Poor baby! These two idiots deserve each other. Now that they've "separated", we'll all have two look under two rocks to find them both. Neither has done anything positive............EVER!

Noah Fing-Whey

Someone needs to tweet Al Gore's home address if he isn't arrested soon!

jesus

You know you're a loser when Al Gore fires you

Jim

Well ol' Keith, hate to say I told ya so but I guess you now know how the democrat party operates. You got screwed my boy. Would love to tell you to consider switching sides but the truth is nobody on this side of the fence wants you either. Good luck. Maybe you and octomom can share a chit chat while you're collecting food stamps together.

Snoop Cat

Apparentely nobody informed Queef Olbermann of the new meme:

KARMA IS A BITCH, KEITH...

-signed, a former fan

Nelson

It's hard to believe this guy considers himself a "journalist." Shouldn't a journalist know how to put together coherent sentences? "...will be filing presently..." WTF? And you're a journalist but don't understand that you shouldn't use the word "of" twice in the same sentence, let alone twice in five words??? This guy's such a loser. Yet more proof that just because you have the basic right of free speech, you have absolutely no right to actually be heard.

Peter Lillo

Gore vs Olbermann = a Battle of Small Minds!

Hannah

Keith oberman is still alive?

kat0405

SICK.SAD. BIG MISTAKE, MR. AL GORE......MR. KEITH OLBERMANN IS ONE OF THE BEST, DIRECT, GUTSY, HONEST SPEAKERS I HAVE EVER HEARD IN MY LIFE. I AM BOSTON EDUCATED, A DEMOCRAT AND FIND THAT LISTENING TO KEITH IS BOTH EMPOWERING AND UPLIFTING, NOT OUTRAGEOUS NOR DETRIMENTAL TO ANYONE'S HEALTH. ON THE OTHER HAND, I WILL NEVER LISTEN TO NOR WATCH DIRTY OLD ELIOT SPITZER...WHAT THE H__L ARE YOU THINKING??? I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A SUPPORTER OF YOURS, MR. VP GORE????????????????????????????? WHY?????THE 2012 ELECTION?? IT'S A DISGUSTING ELECTION AT BEST, THAT IS , THE REPUBLICANS ARE... MANY OF THEM ARE STILL CARRYING THAT SILVER HALF DOLLAR IN THEIR POCKET, QUESTIONING MY PRESIDENT'S PLACE OF BIRTH. I SIMPLY DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT YOUR REASONING IS BEHIND THIS.

paul a.

These guys deserve each other. They are 2 classic samples of what can happen to you if you start to REALLY believe your own Bullsh%t. If the suit ever goes to trial they will need an oversized court room to be able handle the size of the egos.

Ken A

Fired for being disrespectful and disloyal? His defense should be, "You knew that when you hired me, and so did my few viewers!"

Elaine williams

Sic'em Al! Please shut Keith Olbermann
loud mounth up once and for all!!
Cameleon

THE BEAVER

Maybe Keith is suing to try to find out what Al has in that lock box of his.

zina alexi

3/31/12 Keith's "Worst Persons" was the most educational, entertaining & exciting news on TV. He dropped it twice due to "civil discourse" but highlighting people's lies, hypocrisy, &c have zip to do w/"civil discourse." We counted on Countdown every nite~~he really is the best-est interviewer [Martin Bashir is closing in; also becoming fun & funny]. Get him on CNN at 8pm.

zina