Keith Olbermann

Planning His Exit

Long Before He Was Fired

3/31/2012 7:58 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0331-keith-olbermann-getty-ex
Keith Olbermann wanted out of Current TV well before he was fired yesterday because he felt the network was mismanaged and wouldn't be around much longer ... sources close to the situation tell TMZ.

As TMZ first reported, Keith is planning on filing a lawsuit against the network for his unceremonious dumping yesterday. He released a statement that said in part, "It goes almost without saying that the claims against me implied in Current's statement are untrue and will be proved so in the legal actions I will be filing against them presently."

According to our sources, Keith felt the network was a "ragtag operation" that was disorganized and felt thrown together. We're told Keith felt the entire place was mismanaged ... right down to the office supplies.

On one such occasion, we're told the staff couldn't use one of the printers because it was out of toner and they had none in supply. In a staff-wide email obtained by TMZ (see below), a production administrator told the staff, "We expect to have replacement toner in tomorrow and will have a better stock on hand for the future. Sorry for the inconvenience."

0331-current-tv-printer-1
To Keith's point ... they couldn't even fire him without a giant mistake. In Current TV's press release to announce that Eliot Spitzer would be taking over for Olbermann, they provided a Twitter account for Spitzer that is not his. The real Eliot Spitzer doesn't have a Twitter account.

Joe

Wait...what? Because a printer ran out of toner is a clear sign of gross mismanagement? I have worked in the private sector, big and small companies, and local and federal government. I've seen about every side of the workforce and that happened everywhere I've worked.

The horror. The horror. Keith had to select a different printer for one day other than his default. No one should be subjected to such mistreatment.

Joao

Have to admit, I thought the media's outlet statement wasn't even close to being political correct. I was awaiting a lawsuit after that. All things considered, what did they expect when the brought Keith Olbermann on board. He's a loss canon with a big libelous mouth... most times he's right but says it in the wrong way. It's impossible for anyone to be respected and considered legitimate when they take a totally left or right stance on every issue.

H. Hawkins

Almost NOTHING is more entertaining for me than to watch two complete anal orifices screw each other. No matter what happens (AlGore wins or Olbermann wins) I win, because I get to be entertained for free. Best of all possible outcomes would be for Keith to take ALL of AlGore's money, and throw him out of that ridiculously energy inefficient mansion of his (Gore's). Maybe Keith could reduce Gore down to traveling about in a Volt.... even if they have to modify the car to allow fatso to get in it!

Kira Pitre

I am SO disappointed that my favorite newsman, Keith Olbermann, has been so unceremoniously dumped by Al Gore and Current TV! My husband and I wake up to him every morning and he will be sorely missed. I hope the Current mgmt get what they deserve and I NEVER watched Current until I found that Keith was on it and I will probably not watch Eliot Spitzer too often, either. Needless to say, we have few real voices in the news these days, since the TV news/press panders to their rich overseers with tiny sound bytes and out and out lies at worst and sins of omission at best on a daily basis. I watch 'Good Morning America' for entertainment...knowing full well that it is Disney News and not a good source of real information. However, I don't think the average American even realizes that. Until I can see KO again, I will not be OK, and I will be watching Amy Goodman on LINK TV. Do you have any idea where Keith will turn up next? When he surfaces...we'll be there. Sadly and Sincerely, Kira Pitre kpitre33@comcast.net

gary

Blabberman is insane. Thats three in a row he has been fired from. If he keeps getting fired and then suing who is gonna hire him? Maybe Glen Beck??? FYI - every office runs out of freakin toner. What is this proof of?

Cindy

Oh, Boo Hoo! No toner.

Vicki

Hope to never see the "Left-Winder on TV again............Of course, I only watch FOX News...

Susan

Keith Olbermann is SOOOO washed up in media.

The Cartoon Network wouldn't even hire this loser

Hey Keith, you are SOOO washed up it's funny !!!

Robert

If he thinks having no toner is a BIG issue then I wonder how he will feel dealing every day with the federal government that he so deifies. Not sure who to root for in the lawsuit, they are both hypocritical propagandizing selfish dolts.

Change 2010

Gore can't even keep toner in a hack left wing network how could He govern?

J.giovi

Keith needs to take his skirt off and move on...this reflects his crybaby self...unfortunate...just move on.

Change 2010

Supposedly This network is Gore's baby/advocacy arm to the media.
He can't even run it.Why would You ever think He could run the country or lead?
His Star anchorman who He's contracted to be the face of Current TV has no ink for his office.HaHaHa too funny

John Jameson

Keith is an angry person.

Not very likeable at all.

Somewhere he lost it and now he's screaming at the world.

Rock Singer

And with Keith's firing I immediately took his show out of my DVR and wished Current TV a fond farewell....or should I say RIP

Wherever Keith lands I'll be watching him...Good Luck Keith.

Mayu

As I asked before... Why would Oldermann Keith admit that he was actively looking for a way out? Kinda hurts his "suing for unlawful firing" claim. You can't sue for being fired, then admit you were looking for an out to begin with. A court will simply say, "You got your way out". dunderhead.