Octomom

I Didn't Want to Go on Welfare ...

BUT I HAD TO

4/1/2012 3:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0401_octomom_videoOctomom tried her best to avoid going on welfare, but she says "becoming totally destitute" forced her hand ... temporarily.

As TMZ first reported, Nadya is getting $2,000 a month from the State of California, which can only be used on food.

We spoke to her at her home today, where the mother of 14 said she's hoping she only needs the assistance for a month or two at the most.

Octo has been receiving death threats since the news of her welfare broke, but she feels people should be directing their anger towards those who are abusing the system and not at her.

Plus if she doesn't get some help, we might see more pics like these. Lesser of two evils ...

Rob

I am a teacher, I have a tenth grade black boy who is failing most of his classes and is in a gang. I asked him what he thinks he is going to do with his life... he looked at me with a surprised face and said, "I AM GOING ON WELFARE LIKE MY MOM!"

I think that says it all about our welfare state.... keep voting democrat and let the destruction of America continue.

Meanie

She HAD to have 14 kids. She HAD to have plastic surgery. She HAD to go to Disney. She HAD to buy a house she couldn't afford. She HAD to buy expensive gifts for herself instead of investing wisely. She HAD to, this, she HAD to that. BULLSH#T! Maybe you should OWN UP to your own f'g stupidity, and maybe people will give you the time of day, stupid puta.

pungster

This woman went ahead with her mega-pregnancy even after it was explained to her that some of the babies would have long term health problems and learning disabilities. Sure 'nuf, some of them do. She had every intention of pimping her brood for every buck she could make. Worked for a while but when people realised what kind of person she really was, they lost interest fast. Now she's destitute? She should lose custody of every single one of her children and be made to get a JOB to support herself.

really

when did your cooch become a clown car

Cheryl A.

YOU are the one who had 6 kids then had 8 more. I myself have 7 kids that MY HUSBAND and I support. NEVER once did we need WELFARE. We are responsible and did not have batches of kids, like they were puppies!

Ginger

I do feel sorry for her. I listened to her during one of her interviews and she explained how she ended up with 8 embryos. She did not intend to have that many kids. If anything, the dr misled her. As for taking Welfare, what's the difference in her getting it and all the welfare queens who spit out a baby a year getting it?

TMZISAPIECEOFSHIT

What did she think was going to happen when she **** out a ****ing baseball team with no visible means of support? Those children should be taken away from her and her Vagina super glued shut!!!

William

Thank you, liberals, for the welfare state we live in. We are beyond bankrupt, with no chance of ever paying off the debt. The interest payments alone are killing us.

Kai

TMZ and the people who work there are parasites.

RyRy

you wrote in your article that she is going to be on welfare for a "Month of two" when it should say Month OR two

Tyler

I think it's ok she's getting assistance. OBVIOUSLY, you can't have 15 kids and work at the same time.

Maria

She should ask the Duggers for some budgeting advice. Im not a fan of having so many kids but they have never been on the dole and have no debt.

Debangor

Can't believe she thinks she is not abusing the system...she abused it by having all those kids to begin with! It was inevitable that she would end up on welfare...with California taxpayers supporting them. Sad.

Lucifer

Note bene..Not only did Suleman open her door, she opened it wide,to the media. At some point into the interview, she opened the door even wider to fully expose the child that she was carrying. A Charles D*ckens' moment. 'Please, Sir...can I have some more?'...money. I have observed people soliciting for money using a tin cup,a hand,a handwritten cardboard sign, even a pet. Was this a subliminal solicitation using a child ?
She opened the door to the media and engaged in conversation. No matter. It was no doubt a private matter between herself, the Media....and money.

Lucifer

Note bene. Not only did Suleman open the door for the media, albeit initially a wide crack...She subsequently opened it to expose 'fully' the child that she was holding... A ****ensonian moment... Please , Sir can I 'ave some more...money.
By opening her door, she has made it public business.