Katie Couric

Her GMA Hosting

Pisses Off 'GMA' Staffers

4/2/2012 11:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0402_katie_robyn_EX_01
Katie Couric
's debut as a fill-in host this week on "Good Morning America" has pissed off some of the GMA staff, who feel it's a slap in the face to vacationing co-host Robin Roberts.

GMA is breathing down the neck of "Today" and could overtake it in the ratings this week, breaking years of NBC morning show dominance. Katie's week-long stint -- along with the fact that millions of people have their TV sets tuned to ABC because of "Dancing with the Stars" -- could put it over the top.

Our GMA sources tell us it's disgusting that honchos chose the week that Robin was on vacation to put Katie on the show. They note Robin has been co-hosting GMA since 2005 and is a big reason the show is doing so well.

As one insider put it, "They should have put Katie on when George was on vacation."

And the contingent of GMA staffers who are pissed off is large -- because Robin is well-liked. And, sources tells us, although Robin is unhappy with the Katie move, she has not badmouthed anyone.

As for Katie, ABC sources say she had nothing to do with the decision to fill in and she was very conscious today that she was a "visitor on the set."

Vicki

For the love of God, what a kick in the face to Robin. I have never seen what everyone saw in Katie, she's a hasbeen, she needs to GO! Trust me if she's still there when Robin returns, I won't watch the show again!

Loyal GMA viewer

Katie Couric has no kind heart. She was making fun of those people in China when SARS hit a few years ago. She teased them the masks they used in China looked like BRAS. Terrible comment!! The rating of NBC's Today Show has nothing to do with her performance. I NEVER liked her. I am disappointed to see her on GMA. I love EVERY anchors/hosts on ABC. I am wondering why ABC would sign contract with Katie Couric -BAD MOVE. I'm glad that she is just a sub for Robin Roberts. Robin will be back soon. I wish Katic Couric's contract with AbC will expire very soon. I watch channel 7 ALL THE TIME and EVERYDAY. I rather switch channel when Katic Couric is on.

McCann

All I can say is Thank Goodness Robin is still with the show and just on vacation because if I had to think about watching GMA without her on it would be a quick thought! Kati will never be the class act that Robin is and that is a fact.

chumlee

I left the Today show for GMA because I was getting tired of the boring regulars on the show, and I've been content with GMA. Now, I have to put up with a former Today Host...Hurry back Robin!!!

Trudy

I have watched GMA for YEARS and never written to you...but Katie HAS TO GO...her voice is like nails on a chalkboard and her personality is worse..subbing once i a while maybe but put her on more often and this life time watcher will switch channels and that is truly sad as I love all the rest...every other replacement has fit in and I have learned to love them...I gave her almost 3 shows and my feelings have not changed...please get rid of her NOW!!!

becky powers

love robin roberts will not watch good morning america if kathy couric is on!

mary alice

Katie Couric does not belong on GMA! She is awful..........

Jackie

Katie cannot hold a candle to Robin. I switched from the today show to GMA years ago because of perfect Katie. Robin is not only real, but funny, fun, smart, talented, kind, pretty, and more. She is a KEEPER.

Donna

I hope they don't replace Robin Roberts with Katie Couric. I enjoy watching Good Morning America with Robin on it.

matthewsmema68

I think this is another "bad move" on the part of abc. I think this network is run by 15 year old boys. You have totally undermined Robin Roberts and you should be ashamed. I wouldn't watch GMA if Katie Couric was a host. She has been around every network and failed. You better tell the "boys" to wake-up before your lose your audience.

Barbara

Hate! Hate! Katie Couric. Next watched her and won't GMA if she's on. I like the line-up just as it is with Robin, George, Josh, Lara and Sam. Don't change the line-up if you do you will lose another viewer.

CTIT

Never have and never will like or watch Katie Couric... I JUST CAN'T STAND HER..... wish she would retire already !

kate

Hurry back Robin....not going to watch Curic...I miss my morning show host!!!!

JanR

I don't like that Katie is on GMA as co-host while Robin's off. This is definitely something new since they do not bring in a new person when any other person is on vacation. GMA has always been a nice way to start the morning with nice, happy on-camera people. Katie always seems a bit full of herself and makes rude comments trying to be funny. Her comment about Sting having many more hits than Jack Wagner was not funny - just rude. I could not remember why I disliked Katie - but after only three morning, I remember now! Robin - come home!!!!!

American Mom

Sponsers and ABC pay attention to we the people. We will not watch any show Katie Couric is on. She is a bore!