Katie Couric

Her GMA Hosting

Pisses Off 'GMA' Staffers

4/2/2012 11:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0402_katie_robyn_EX_01
Katie Couric
's debut as a fill-in host this week on "Good Morning America" has pissed off some of the GMA staff, who feel it's a slap in the face to vacationing co-host Robin Roberts.

GMA is breathing down the neck of "Today" and could overtake it in the ratings this week, breaking years of NBC morning show dominance. Katie's week-long stint -- along with the fact that millions of people have their TV sets tuned to ABC because of "Dancing with the Stars" -- could put it over the top.

Our GMA sources tell us it's disgusting that honchos chose the week that Robin was on vacation to put Katie on the show. They note Robin has been co-hosting GMA since 2005 and is a big reason the show is doing so well.

As one insider put it, "They should have put Katie on when George was on vacation."

And the contingent of GMA staffers who are pissed off is large -- because Robin is well-liked. And, sources tells us, although Robin is unhappy with the Katie move, she has not badmouthed anyone.

As for Katie, ABC sources say she had nothing to do with the decision to fill in and she was very conscious today that she was a "visitor on the set."

SH

I suspect it's a warm up for when George gets very busy with the upcoming Presidential election. Do you think ABC could be thinking of pairing Robin Roberts and Katie Couric down the road? I happened to turn it on briefly this morning to see what was happening.
BTW, I have been a GMA faithful watcher for approximately 2 decades; recently I decided to move to the CBS morning show. GMA has become too silly for me with the new crew, it's difficult to take the show seriously. It's lost it's edge in my opinion.

Marv

Have boycotted GMA all week. Will be back when Katie's gone!

Peggy

I don't like Katie Couric.....Bring Robin back!! She is a better choice for GMA. The next time she goes on vacation get someone else to fill-in!

K. C.

Does anyone remember way back in the day when Couric showed up at NBC just after Debbie Norville had assumed Jane Pauley's seat on the Today Show? Somehow Norville soon disappeared & her chair seat was still warm when Couric claimed it. She rode that post until the grass looked greener as CBS Evening News host & we all know how that turned out. ABC execs need to stop trying to fix what is not broken. Couric's ambitious nature is repulsive & plays as such on camera. First Gibson then Sawyer left GMA. Now suddenly Roberts is "on vaca" & guess who is barking up her backside? Maybe she needs to call Norville to get the 411 on Couric. The camaraderie between Robin, Josh & Sam is truly delightful. Personally I do not want to hear depressing, abstract, gloom & doom reporting 1st thing in the morning unless it is pertinent to the safety of the American public. In addition move cold & cerebral Stephanopoulos to PBS. Robin & Josh can manage just fine as anchors of GMA!

Lynsey

Katie is dynamic and wonderful GMA is lucky to have her. She is no threat to Robin Roberts... But what are you doing putting Carson Kressly on at all!!! He is such an insult and flamboyant fool. Keep Him OFF the SHOW You are all laughing at him, not with him...Shame on you!

BJ Thomas

A terrible move; she didn't do well on her last news spot and that is why she is roaming around doing what she can. i won't watch again until Robin returns and if she does not, neither will I. BOYCOTT!!!!!!!!!!

Mary Lee Graham

I am very disappointed that Robyn Roberts is not on the show. She is the primary reason I like GMA because she is full of life and seems to be a kind person. If she doesn't come back on, I will go to another network.

Ray

I am glad Tommorow is Friday because Katie got to go, she use to make fun of good morning America , good morning America please don't do this again

Liz Palmer

I love Robin, but I have boycotted ABC since they cancelled One Life to Live and All My Children. I only watch General Hospital. I also refuse to buy into Disney since they own ABC.

LK

I am a loyal GMA viewer, I tried to watch it yesterday as its the first day this week I have been able to. I have to say With KC on it was very difficult to watch. It felt very forced and did not flow well, I had to change the channel. It was that easy. ABC has made some very questionable decisions in the last year. KC is suppose to take Gneral Hospitals slot, so maybe its a test of sme sorts. Anyway, at the end of the day we do have choices, many of them. I have chose to no longer to watch ABC from noon to three pm. I can also make that same decision for other time slots.

kksbinnd

I love Katie Couric and Robyn Roberts theres room enough for both!! Brings me back to the day when i would only watch katie...then GMA became my favorite....love George....sorry the other gal laura makes make me feel like im watching entertainment tonite.

Ray

Kaite got to go, I have not been able to watch the show because of Katie, and she use to make fun of the good morning america when she was on the other net work, Robbin please come back soon my dear

Anti-Katie

She would eat her young!!! If they keep her I will switch chanels as fast as a Top Fuel Dragster!!!

Carol Hynds

I have never liked Katie Couric and never watched the Today show when she was on it.
Having her fill in for Robin Roberts is deplorable. Robin is fantastic! Please do not invite Katie back to fill in for anyone on GMA!!!! I would not hesitate to stop watching GMA if she comes back!

ellen

Ilove Robin but Katie is fantastic. How about a katie and robin?