Katie Couric

Her GMA Hosting

Pisses Off 'GMA' Staffers

4/2/2012 11:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0402_katie_robyn_EX_01
Katie Couric
's debut as a fill-in host this week on "Good Morning America" has pissed off some of the GMA staff, who feel it's a slap in the face to vacationing co-host Robin Roberts.

GMA is breathing down the neck of "Today" and could overtake it in the ratings this week, breaking years of NBC morning show dominance. Katie's week-long stint -- along with the fact that millions of people have their TV sets tuned to ABC because of "Dancing with the Stars" -- could put it over the top.

Our GMA sources tell us it's disgusting that honchos chose the week that Robin was on vacation to put Katie on the show. They note Robin has been co-hosting GMA since 2005 and is a big reason the show is doing so well.

As one insider put it, "They should have put Katie on when George was on vacation."

And the contingent of GMA staffers who are pissed off is large -- because Robin is well-liked. And, sources tells us, although Robin is unhappy with the Katie move, she has not badmouthed anyone.

As for Katie, ABC sources say she had nothing to do with the decision to fill in and she was very conscious today that she was a "visitor on the set."

Supporter

This entire thing makes no sense. Dont get why people are complaining???????????? Grow up GMA STAFFERS. It's only temporart

Kay

No one could ever replace Robin. She is my hero. Robin is the reason I watch GMA every morning before work. Could care less about Couric.

eka

The true test to gauge if there are any issues, is Sam's chemistry with Katie. Sam loves Robin and if anyone is coming for her spot he will be less than inviting.

vern dufford

Katie piss on 'em!

The Hard Truth

The reason GMA is on the heels of Today is not Robin Roberts but rather the complete failure of Ann Curry.. She seems very nice, but fumbles and bumbles thru every interview and is just not really a "Drive time host".. The day Matt Lauer leaves, so will I.. But i've tried ABC.. George is a weasel and Robin is just to masculant... CBS anyone?

tgrfan42069

i dont watch any of those morning shows.they are nothing but a liberal agenda platform

Butterfly

SORRY FOR THE TYPO BOO-BOO! Obviously, I meant 6'. Sorry, George!

Surfer Gal

The TODAY Show did a big tease about a former Today Show star returning. Asked if it could be Barbara Walters, or the monkey (from the early days) something Muggs, and a man, (forget who).. It was Meredith Viera. Then CBS Early Show had Gayle's bff Oprah Winfrey on (saying OWN was a mistake)... They all brought out the big guns against the Katie Couric stunt casting. Also, it was obvious both Dan Abrams & Nancy Grace looked annoyed when KC said, "It's a good thing I didn't have to bring out my whistle," in her school marm voice. Dan Abrams is ABC's legal advisor. He ran MSNBC. Do you think he will take lightly being treated like a schoolboy by Ms. Gummy Smile?

Josh

Katie Couric is a C U N T

jay

Katie Couric is a morning ICON of course the ratings would be stellar. Calm down people, it's only for one week. No one's replacing Robin Roberts!!

Josh

Ooops, I meant Katie Couric is a R U N T

Abe

I hate hate hate HATE HATE HATE HATE Robin Roberts.

A robot would have more personality than Robin Roberts does.

Did I mention that I HATE Robin Roberts?

ABC, please replace Robin Roberts and I'll watch GMA again.

Thanks.

Robin Roberts HATER.

x

mary nugent

Because I couldn't stand NBC morning show with Katie &Matt ages ago,I only start my day with abc,right into GMA. I won't watch any other news than channel 7 !!! Ok,I loved Charlie,and he is gone,losing Diane Sawyer,bought me to tears,but I watch her @6:30,so your off the hook.Chris Cuomo,another big loss!!!!Katie Couric is not who I want to see @ 7am,no matter how much weight she lost,or,how much plastic surgery she has received,I AM NOT HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Katie Couric is the reason I left NBC,I didn't like her then,and do not push her down our throats!!!! N.Y.1 is my next morning ritual if this insanity continues!! Katie made her career mistakes,do not make them yours(ours!!)I love my morning entertainment before work,do not make me leave because of Couric!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please come back Robin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ABC should listen to the loyal!!!!!

Mary

Sarafina

Robin is pleasant, appealing, friendly, objective and smart--I'll miss her this week for sure!! TEAM ROBIN!

debora

Katie has had her day. She should do something else. Robin, Sam & Josh are why I watch GMA. I'll watch Today to see how Palin fares. I actually watched Oprah on CBS this morning.