Katie Couric

Her GMA Hosting

Pisses Off 'GMA' Staffers

4/2/2012 11:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0402_katie_robyn_EX_01
Katie Couric
's debut as a fill-in host this week on "Good Morning America" has pissed off some of the GMA staff, who feel it's a slap in the face to vacationing co-host Robin Roberts.

GMA is breathing down the neck of "Today" and could overtake it in the ratings this week, breaking years of NBC morning show dominance. Katie's week-long stint -- along with the fact that millions of people have their TV sets tuned to ABC because of "Dancing with the Stars" -- could put it over the top.

Our GMA sources tell us it's disgusting that honchos chose the week that Robin was on vacation to put Katie on the show. They note Robin has been co-hosting GMA since 2005 and is a big reason the show is doing so well.

As one insider put it, "They should have put Katie on when George was on vacation."

And the contingent of GMA staffers who are pissed off is large -- because Robin is well-liked. And, sources tells us, although Robin is unhappy with the Katie move, she has not badmouthed anyone.

As for Katie, ABC sources say she had nothing to do with the decision to fill in and she was very conscious today that she was a "visitor on the set."

Sarafina

Does Katie wear a bottle of mascara every day? I mean c'mon-- Tarantula Lashes for days!!

Carl

Rich people problems...

Susan

Robin has class & Katie just needs to go away. Do not worry Robin & enjoy your well deserved vacation. See you soon.

the sea

Isn't ABC promoting Katie's new talk show? It's not like she is replacing Robin Roberts.

cheryl

Team Robin!!!!

Hervey....Hervey of Arabia...He was a single guy...

Just a bunch of narcissistic dumb ****s is all.

Hervey....Hervey of Arabia...He was a single guy...

Oh and by the way how could Katie possibly have had nothing to do with the decision of hosting? She could have easily said no.

Nancy

PLEASE--GMA execs , do not replace Robin Roberts with Katie Couric ! Robin has a solid fan base , and we love her demeanor and her kindness . She has been an asset to the show !

Daniel

It's gross the way she talks out of the side of her mouth. I change the channel immediately when I see her.

SweetPeach

Katie Couric is a great anchor as is Robin Roberts. Both are assets to ABC in their own way. Katie is going to have her own talk show this fall so what is the sweat with her sitting in for Robin? BTW, no one is talking about the "breath of fresh air" that was on NBC last week--Hoda Kotbe. What little that I was able to watch, she was the oxygen and the energy that they need, the same kind that Katie has.

amanda

this is television - if a host pushes the ratings higher, then that host is clearly what viewers want. television hosting is not an exercise in "be nice to the person who's been there for ages". waaah waaah.

Roger DiCintio

I like Katie Couric very much. She is very well educated,funny, and very personable. I wish they would make her a regular on GMA. I used to watch her everyday when she was on the Today Show.I would surely watch her everyday if she was the host on GMA. GMA needs a change and a shakeup!!!

Sandra

Both Katie and Robin have their good and bad points !! I enjoyed seeing Katie this AM but have to say no more plastic surgery as she is starting to look weird!!

kate

Katie who?

BKM

I quit watching the Today show because of Katie and I will not watch GMA this week because she is hosting. Between Katie Couric and the not so bright Nancy Grace GMA is not batting a 1000 with me. That is really sad as I love my GMA in the morning.