Katie Couric

Her GMA Hosting

Pisses Off 'GMA' Staffers

4/2/2012 11:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0402_katie_robyn_EX_01
Katie Couric
's debut as a fill-in host this week on "Good Morning America" has pissed off some of the GMA staff, who feel it's a slap in the face to vacationing co-host Robin Roberts.

GMA is breathing down the neck of "Today" and could overtake it in the ratings this week, breaking years of NBC morning show dominance. Katie's week-long stint -- along with the fact that millions of people have their TV sets tuned to ABC because of "Dancing with the Stars" -- could put it over the top.

Our GMA sources tell us it's disgusting that honchos chose the week that Robin was on vacation to put Katie on the show. They note Robin has been co-hosting GMA since 2005 and is a big reason the show is doing so well.

As one insider put it, "They should have put Katie on when George was on vacation."

And the contingent of GMA staffers who are pissed off is large -- because Robin is well-liked. And, sources tells us, although Robin is unhappy with the Katie move, she has not badmouthed anyone.

As for Katie, ABC sources say she had nothing to do with the decision to fill in and she was very conscious today that she was a "visitor on the set."

TheTroll

FUNNY! I saw her on there this morning and immediately changed to the today show. Not a fan and as long as he is affiliated with the show I am not watching and may not come back and I know that I am not the only one. She has way too much attitude and is WAY too far left. Robin rocks along with the rest of the team.

jj

God forbid coverage of the Royal Family be interrupted.

Walter

With Roberts GMA hasn't beaten Today once. Why not try something different when Roberts is on vacation?

scmom

Hated Katie on Good Morning America. I think Katie was laughing at the GMC.. I will not watch this week. LOVE Robin ROberts!!!!

jahegler

There is NO comparison!! Robin Roberts is the best host on TV and could easily have been Oprah's replacement. In fact Oprah should have just let Robin take over her Chicago staff/studio,saved money on OWN and never messed with Rosie!! ABC is lucky to have Robin and should realize Robin, Josh, Sam Lars are the reason they will beat NBC

Mary Ryan

Make sure Katie leaves on Friday and does not return to GMA.

sheri

Robin Roberts is great. George stephanopolous belongs on a political commentary show and not enjoyable at break of dawn. Katie should have declined, so it shows a character flaw - - greed & lack of integrity. I miss Charlie and I miss Diane too;however, I am an avid viewer of gma and really enjoy robin. By the way, wake up to Nancy grace's voice equals hit mute!

Hisjules

test

Marlene

I will not watch Good Morning America while Katie is hosting. There are so many people that you could have chosen and why Katie?? You are just down grading your show. Some higher ups made a big bo bo!!

Emma

Robin Roberts is wonderful as are George, Sam, Laura and Josh, I love them all. Katie is ok, but I will admit, I don't want to watch this week because she was going to be co-hosting. They should have just let her do a feature story not be there front and center all over again. Too much Katie AND in place of Robin is not acceptable to this viewer. Hurry home Robin, You with the others are the BEST!!

Mel

Was this the only photo of Robin Roberts TMZ could find? -_-

Sandy

As for me and my family we will NOT BE WATCHING GMA this week. I wouldn't give Katie the time of day. I didn't watch Today because she was on there, and when she was put on the CBS Evening News, I quit watching. Why does anyone have to fill in for Robin anyway, especially this person.

Chris

Cant stand Robin Roberts, she seems odd with George and uncomfortable with the whole staff. When she is gone, the show seems to flow great.

star

Who gives a **** what you people are "i'm a moderate conservative" "they're democrat shills" blah blah blah. You people are nothing more than sheep, about to be slaughtered! **** GMA AND TODAY

Vivian Murphy

Can't tolerate watching GMA with Katie. Robin Roberts makes the show. Bring her back. I WILL NOT watch as long as Katie's in Robin's place. Ratings or no ratings. Bring Robin back. She's genuine!!!