Katie Couric

Her GMA Hosting

Pisses Off 'GMA' Staffers

4/2/2012 11:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0402_katie_robyn_EX_01
Katie Couric
's debut as a fill-in host this week on "Good Morning America" has pissed off some of the GMA staff, who feel it's a slap in the face to vacationing co-host Robin Roberts.

GMA is breathing down the neck of "Today" and could overtake it in the ratings this week, breaking years of NBC morning show dominance. Katie's week-long stint -- along with the fact that millions of people have their TV sets tuned to ABC because of "Dancing with the Stars" -- could put it over the top.

Our GMA sources tell us it's disgusting that honchos chose the week that Robin was on vacation to put Katie on the show. They note Robin has been co-hosting GMA since 2005 and is a big reason the show is doing so well.

As one insider put it, "They should have put Katie on when George was on vacation."

And the contingent of GMA staffers who are pissed off is large -- because Robin is well-liked. And, sources tells us, although Robin is unhappy with the Katie move, she has not badmouthed anyone.

As for Katie, ABC sources say she had nothing to do with the decision to fill in and she was very conscious today that she was a "visitor on the set."

DWIGHT RIDDER

Kattie and George are creating magic on GMA. What a fantastic combo. They're like peanut butter and jelly! The show is funny, bright and a real pleasure to watch.

Jenn

I have been watching GMA and ABC since I was 5 years old. I love Robin Roberts if ABC gets rid of her I am done. Katie does not bother me but you can't replace Robin.

marykkeenan

It is so refreshing to see Katie. She is so pleasant and engaging. You can see that the chemistry is so good with George. Is it possible that she will be permanent? I will leave the Today show to once again watch GMA.

Linda

I never watch GMA but love Katie. I HATE Palin so it was a no brainer to tune into GMA. Everything was great until they brought in Nancy Grace. I really enjoy hearing legal opinion about legal matters abd Dan Abrams i just terrific. However, I just can't watch a show that brings Nancy Grace in for legal discussion as she can't discuss anything only talk above others and give HER opinion alone, nothing legal about that.

linda gillen

I do not like Katie Curic, if she is on the show permanently i will not watch GMA anymore, i have been watching GMA from the early days, i like Robin Roberts, she is a postive person and enjoy her humor, Katie is boring and puts me to sleep. Also, please stop giving Nancy Grace any more air time, she is rude, obnoxious and ignorant. I always cringe when she is on... Come back Robin... We love you...

Sarah Johnson

Have watched GMA since beginning of show. Will not watch Katie. Sorry. They act like it is her show. This is demeaning to the rest of the anchors on that show. Too painful to watch.

J Headrick

I cannot stand Katie Couric, you have really scraped the bottom on getting her, she is why I changed to A B C.......

katsie

Talk about obtuse: Katie put CBS news into an abyss it still can't recover from. She's no journalist--just another overpaid, biased, aging (badly) talking head. Just goes to show you how fair big pink gums and strong knees will take a plain dull woman. No one watched her on CBS. ABC will fare the same fate.

Cheri

Katie reminds me of oboma, if her mouth is moving you know she is lying.

Sharon

I love Katie Couric...enjoyed her on Today show and now I definitely will be watching all week. Wow, she looks great.

INeedFacebookFriends.com

she's alright. i like when she sticks stuff up her butt. now that's entertainment!

Pansy

I guess I will watch the today show this week. Seems GMA has lost its appeal.

Carolyn

Well, I tell you one darn thing, I WILL NOT watch GMA if they try and replace Robin Roberts with Katie Couric - I can't stand Couric and think she is a fake - I am sure there will be many followers as well that think the same as I.

Ih8Taxes

This is racism, trying to replace the black woman with a white woman. Oh wait, it's OK if a liberal media outlet does it...

B J TEXAS

Without Robin Roberts........I'm NOT WATCHING !! I NEVER watched Couric on ANY show and won't watch her now, just too opinionated and shows a bias that is unmistakable. Robin as a balanced approach except when it comes to the NFL ! GEAUX SAINTS !!!! GEAUX ROBIN !!!