'Californication' Hottie

I'm Marrying a Preacher Man!

4/2/2012 1:03 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Meagan Good now engaged to her preacher boyfriend
Lingerie-wearing "Californication" actress Meagan Good has decided to take on a more heavenly role -- TMZ has learned ... she's now engaged to her preacher BF.

Meagan's rep tells TMZ, 30-year-old Good recently got engaged to DeVon Franklin -- an exec at Sony Pictures Entertainment who leads a double life as a 7th Day Adventist preacher.

A little rundown on your typical 7th Day Adventist -- he takes the Bible pretty literally, practices Sabbath on Saturday, doesn’t eat pork and frowns upon alcohol ... not that there's anything wrong with that.

According to Meagan's rep, the preacher proposed last month in L.A, but the couple has known each other for years. They began dating just after production wrapped on "Jumping the Broom" ... which Meagan starred in, and DeVon produced.

No date yet for the wedding ... but an open bar is probably out.

sPaNkdEnALgAs

No matter how much I'm in love, I couldn't live without my pork chops, bacon, pork loin, ham, & baby back ribs....NEXT!

Crissy

How beautiful, now that's a sister that is standing her ground to represent black relationships are very strong and powerful. People be happy for her and just stop being a hater especially the interracial couples and these so call in the closet or undercover folks that wants to tare down the strong African-American race. Sense, the Obama president there have been more hatred to strong black couples and marriages ever, just a bunch of craziness and people know this, so stop trying to play people like they are dumb because, trust me God made different races here on earth for a good reason and so black people are here to stay, what you are trying to do is to get rid of the black race. Trust God sees the hole you are trying to dig so he will make that hole for you all to fall right into it so, stop trying to mess up something that God made for a good reason. That man is very powerful you will not win.

Alisa

I'm happy for her!!

browneyes

congrats on the engagement and to joe edo u sound very stupid right now u need to reevaluate ur statement again he is already dead and u want to ruin his reputation let him rest in peace so i guess everybody black wearing a hoodie should get shot the man called the police and they police told him not to follow the boy maybe you need to read the full story and get a
clue!!!!!!!!!!!

Rebel_Fashionista

I think everybody should just chill out on the hating. Most likely, no one on this page personally knows either individual and have no idea whether this is God's work or not. Therefore, "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

Dr. Moira

Right on Devon way to share our faith and marry a beautiful soul in Megan. Megan is getting on of the god ones. He is the real deal and yes there will be NO liquor at their wedding!!!!

Maria

Wow, Meagan Good and Alyssa Milano do look like they can be twin sisters...from a different mother. Both very pretty girls, but they do look alike. Meagan, conglatulations on your engagement.

Adream

God is Awesome!!!

rita

Devon is also a very successful movie exec with Sony. He help produce Jumping the Broom and Woman Thou art Loose, he also worked with Will Smith many years and worked on all of Will Smith's movies. He's a catch!

musicalchik

I was raised an SDA have recently left the church because it is not Biblical. Don't get me wrong, I LOVED being an SDA, but I was taught a different gospel and a different Jesus. When I started reading the Bible on my own for the first time a few months ago, I learned the true gospel and was born again. I am now free from that legalistic, cultic system and am alive in Christ! Jesus is my true Sabbath rest. My prayer is that both of these people will discover the true gospel and embrace Jesus Christ and His FINISHED work on the cross, who will ALWAYS live to intercede for me!

black or white

this is wonderful news. i wish them all the best and success in their business and personal lives. God bless them and their families.

Criss

Lucky bastard!

gizzygizzla

at last it happens but l'm furious its not me

DC

Been dating since production ended....movie was released in May 2011....reportedly romantically linked to Romeo in July of 2011....something something, something something just ain't right!

Who Cares

I know Devon and I don't recall him being a preacher let alone a 7th Day Adventist preacher. If he is a 7th Day Adventist Preacher, then that's news to me. Yes, he is an executive at Sony Pictures.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments