Shifty Shellshock

In a Coma

4/2/2012 6:28 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0402-seth-binzer-tmz-ex
Former "Celebrity Rehab" star Shifty Shellshock is currently in a coma in an L.A. hospital -- TMZ has learned.

According to sources, the former Crazy Town singer has been in the ICU since last Thursday and is completely unresponsive. It's unclear what put him there -- but people close to him believe it was drug-related.

Shifty is scheduled to appear in court this week for a pre-trial hearing -- after his February coke arrest. We're told he was extremely anxious about the possibility of going to jail.

happypat35

So sad......From ROL: A mixture of pills, GHB and crack are to blame. "Last Thursday he got in a fight with his baby mama, Jasmine Lennard, and took like 25 pills, GHB [Gamma-Hydroxybutyric acid] and was smoking a lot of crack."

non ya business

no big surprise on this one, just another druggie who FRIED his brain!!

Lizzie

Sad....addiction has it's grips on another....Love all the comments bashing Dr. Drew....I mean really ....there is no one to blame but the addiciton demon.....At least Dr. Drew tries to help and tries to address what is going on instead of sitting back and allowing it to be his entertainment like so many of the posters on here...Hope he pulls through if for nothing else the sake of his children....

Tesla_Consulting

"extremely anxious about back to jail" diddo.

dsobill

Im seeing alot of people blame Dr Drew. I am not sticking up for him but Shifty did this himself. He has to be the only one blames. I wish him the best

Mom

I have never seen so much ignorance posted as these comments about Dr. Drew. Does anyone believe Dr. Drew held him down and MADE him continue to smoke crack and whatever else he was on. I am a recovering addict. Addiction IS A DISEASE. The guy was SICK, not a bad person. Just like someone who dies of cancer. No one wakes up one day and says "Hey, I want to be a drug addict." Nor, do they say "Hey I want to get cancer." When you are an addict you just can't quit like non addicts think you can. Believe me, there is nothing worse than being trapped in the life of addiction. It will always be lifelong struggle to stay sober. My heart goes out to his son. My son lost his father to the disease of addiction at age 9. His father was 45. If your not smart enough to know about how powerful, baffling, & cunning the disease of addiction is please keep your mouth shut. Dr Drew Rocks!

blammo13

That's what happens when your a one hit wonder. You do whatever you can to keep your name in the media. This washed up singer (I use that term very loosely) chose drugs.

Jennifer

Everyone is attacking Dr. Drew. The real problem is addiction. It's hard to beat. Dr. Drew can't help anyone until they want to be helped. Stop demonizing him!

CallingAllIdiots

Hopefully he won't be another Mike Starr... But drug addiction is heavy stuff and most people who seek treatment often relapse multiple times before they actually hit their bottom and dig their way up. Not that I am a big Dr. Drew fan, because I feel like his show is exploitative and sometimes takes advantage of people who need treatment that he cannot provide. However you can't blame him for this guy's current state because Dr. Drew didn't give him drugs and force him to imbibe. That was choice he made... But best of luck to him... I hope he pulls through

emc12340

To all you people who say Dr.Drew is the problem? He deals with drug addicts people! They get themselves into the trouble they get into.

maria

Another Dr.Drew's patient who dies (well he is almost dead now) after being in rehab in his show.... he became famous and rich and this poor loosers are dying !

maria

DREW is such a fake you can see when he was the in the rehab show how fake he was just loving the cameras...I never like him dislike him a lot ,the third patient who dies after being seeing by him what a reputation.He is a celebritie now he don't give a damn about the drug addicts ,He is a diva now !

Jr

Well well well. NEWS FLASH PPL! But not entirely, can't show all my cards. But here's a Lil to tease ur taste-buds. 1st- Jenna- A degenerate drug addict!? Umm No honey, I'm sorry ur a stereotyped mind conditioned spawn of society haha lol. Bc obviously u must not, drink, smoke, DRUGS TOO, umm and salt (if u dOnt like water weight) Lmao, or a workaholic; that kills/destroys entire familys, start a boycott against Overtime, hell ud even create more jobs for The USA for ppl that really need them to Dodge Death themselves and for the ppl being supported. O yea. I can get into this. What about That lasts a joke. Point; everything in Gods Green Earth can somehow someway kill u! It's the mindset and action/choices made while ur going thru them cir***stances that 'finalize the painting of the picture,' YOU ALL FOLLOWING ME!!! Sad that most of ya won't REALLY b able to. STEREOTYPED, just saying. Ok Jenna, thing is u should put urself in other ppls shoes 1st b4 u insinuate Hun. Yea it's ur opinion, but u state as factual, nothing else. You'll learn tho, I hope. Take care. Next, Salvatore; hmm u have a good point, but ur missing something! Wait, ur like Jenna, lol, b*****ust not run stop sighns, lights, j walk, Go over speed limit, basically expel RISK From ur life too? Man, I thought Jesus was the only true non-Sinner! Haha. C'mon, gimme a break. Get real. Really real! Lol. Preventable, yes, but then u must know everything that occurred with Shufty then, right? No, so where's ur backup, none, lol. To each is own Sir. I can't spill all my all to ya, don't wanna give anymore away. But A waste?!- u must not like music, or fashion, or movies, or anything!!! Close-minded individuals! I was with Shifty at Supperclub when whomever rolled up on us, whether TMZ or not I don't know, I tried to stay out of it. But when my beans spill, it'll be oh Soo good, mighty messy, but the truth!!! Not stereotyped judgments! Peace out! Take care! And Dr. Drew is the Best in the Bizz. N I don't even know the guy(personally).

Sunset

Addiction is a b*tch. The addict must make the decision to stay clean.

Joan K