Shifty Shellshock

In a Coma

4/2/2012 6:28 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0402-seth-binzer-tmz-ex
Former "Celebrity Rehab" star Shifty Shellshock is currently in a coma in an L.A. hospital -- TMZ has learned.

According to sources, the former Crazy Town singer has been in the ICU since last Thursday and is completely unresponsive. It's unclear what put him there -- but people close to him believe it was drug-related.

Shifty is scheduled to appear in court this week for a pre-trial hearing -- after his February coke arrest. We're told he was extremely anxious about the possibility of going to jail.

OH NO!

DuuurrrrrWoooooorttttt!

feliciarox

Even though it's been coming for a long time, I'm still sad about it. His band came out when I was in jr.high and I loved that album. From there it went to hell, and he has been in a downward spiral ever since. He got on Dr.Drew's show the first time, and the second they only let him back for ratings. Sick. I feel bad for his son, and his family. I wish he'd been able to clean up.

Karma

Ok, if you have really ever watched any shows of Dr. Drews in relation to drug abuse he made it clear that very few of them will be able to make it and remain sober. He is in a very tough job. He and his staff gave the patients some sort of tools for life but in the end drugs wins.

bring back recent posts

...I just googled Butterfly..it did reach #1...wasn't sure who he is...anyways, this is sad...my heart breaks for all addicts..it truly does..like they say...if ur involved with drugs..and can't stop it..100% ...you end up in jail or dead..only good that can come from this...is maybe somebody on this thread will make a change...

Smart

:( sad. I was rooting for him to get his addiction under control.

I hope he comes out of this and if he does that it was his "rock bottom" and he changes his life...finally.

Smart

:( Sad. I was rooting for him to get control of his addiction.

kate

Dr. Drew has had hundreds and hundreds of patients through the years and have helped most of them. He deals with very sick people who are at the end of the line in life for the most part. It's hard to bring someone back who wants to live in purple haze!
When you were good, you were really, really good but when you were bad you were on the roof! Sorry man.

Rogue Warrior

Damn this is getting too sad!!! I think this was my next stop had I not put on the brakes when I did....... Addiction sucks, and that includes ALL of them!!!!! Hopefully he pulls himself out of this and is scared straight........

Karma

I feel so sad for his son. His little guy on the show loves Shifty unconditionally. I really hope Shifty gets better. I am routing for you Shifty but if you're body is broken and can't get better I pray to know that someone reads this and gets help today!

palermo

Has Dr. Drew actually cured anybody? One by one they all overdose

Kaytee

Very very sad. It breaks my heart for his kids (i think he has 2 boys)... I think we all knew this would eventually happen but it is still awful and sad and things like this are never funny and never will be

Phreaky

Knew it was coming, there was no help for him.

Eric

It's sad but he is almost better off. Nobody wants to live their life like he does. He's tried to stay clean but he can't.

tellmeaboutit

Another success story from Dr Drew's joke of a rehab show. Well, at least it feeds his huge ego.

Manimal

Thanks Dr.Drew for nothing!