Keith Olbermann

Al Gore and Current TV

Couldn't Afford Me

4/3/2012 6:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Keith Olbermann says it's his fault his Current TV gig ended in disaster -- but only because he should've known the network was way too cheap for him.

On tonight's "Late Show with David Letterman" Olbermann speaks out for the first time about getting canned from Al Gore's network.

Olbermann compared himself to an expensive decoration Gore just couldn't afford, saying ... "If you buy a $10 million chandelier, you should have a house to put it in."

As TMZ reported, Keith felt Current TV was a mismanaged "ragtag operation."

Olbermann sarcastically told Letterman, "I screwed up really big on this. It's my fault that it didn't succeed."

Pattycake

The guy is a nutcase. His own mother had to kick him out of her house!!

Pattycake

Must read...Too funny http://www.thedailyrash.com/keith-olbermmans-mom-evicts-him-from-basement

Lisa

Pulllllease buddy. I have no idea who you are, but GET over yourself.

Beaners

Not sure what's bigger his head or his ego? They both seem over inflated...

INeedFacebookFriends.com

Keith Olbermann gives a horrible massage. He has sweaty hands and talks way too much.

J

I can't even tell you how much I HATE Keith Olberman. I'm an Independent. I used to watch Countdown religiously. He was my main source of news. Then it seemed MSNBC took a turn to be the anti-FOXnews (which I hated Foxnews). And Olberman was the pied piper of it all. They lost me, both the network, and Olberman. I even told one of the correspondents when I met her at an event, and she said, "I can't tell you how many times I've heard your sentiments." STOP SPREADING YOUR AGENDA AND START REPORTING NEWS AGAIN!!!!!!

twisterfan

Ten million a year? It sounds like Keith Olberman is a one percenter to me. The next time you hear him railing on about selfish, greedy millionaires, just remember who's talking.

John 1225

Hey Keith, Oprah needs someone to spark OWN, perhaps she could find a spot for you there. Your just the person to fill Rosie's shoes. On second thought, it would be just too mean to Oprah to inflict you on her. I hear they're hiring at the Recycling center.

Erin

this is what one should expect from A SPORTSCASTER FROM LOS ANGELES

Mike

This guy is a 1 trick pony. Without Bush around he's got nothing. He was lousy on ESPN and now everyone sees how little talent he has. Problems with bosses, fired from several jobs, and he's the common denominator and most people like him don't/won't even realize it.

agold

"Couldn't afford me" - Are you f'ing kidding me, Keith? You're a has-been sports caster from ESPN. You're a gimmick. A mediocre sarcastic attitude for the masses. You're worth about as much as Glenn Beck -- Nothing. You, my friend, are a complete tool.

Randy Morrison

I am a gay liberal, yet even I think Olberman is a pompous ashcan...no one likes a BLOWHARD!

Rex

He's a joke. Just go away already.

TB

Olbermann you've got it all wrong. You were the CHEAP DIM bulb in the chandelier and needed to be replaced!!! You loud mouth phony!Maybe a local station somewhere can use a no talent hack like you.

Truth

Letterman is so pathetic now. He just copies whatever Jon Stewart doe, all the way down to the guest list and Obama butt kissing.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments