Keith Olbermann

Al Gore and Current TV

Couldn't Afford Me

4/3/2012 6:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Keith Olbermann says it's his fault his Current TV gig ended in disaster -- but only because he should've known the network was way too cheap for him.

On tonight's "Late Show with David Letterman" Olbermann speaks out for the first time about getting canned from Al Gore's network.

Olbermann compared himself to an expensive decoration Gore just couldn't afford, saying ... "If you buy a $10 million chandelier, you should have a house to put it in."

As TMZ reported, Keith felt Current TV was a mismanaged "ragtag operation."

Olbermann sarcastically told Letterman, "I screwed up really big on this. It's my fault that it didn't succeed."

RM

I am a gay liberal, but even I think Olberman is a pompus jackash.

Grouchy Smurf

You just keep telling yourself that, Keith. It'll never be true, but keep telling yourself it anyway. Tell it to yourself every time you look in the mirror. I'm sure you do that quite often.

Josh

Keith Olbermann is one of the biggest losers on Earth.

Buddy The Elf

worthless no talent blowhard

amaaazed

Oh come on people. You are really missing this guys sense of humor. I think Keith is one of the funniest guys out there on the bo*b tube. Love him to pieces !! Can't wait til he's back on the tube again.

Darlene

How funny! Remembering Olbermann's support for Gore for President, and now he says Gore is running a ragtag operation, good thing he wasn't elected to run the country, right KO? Olbermann is a narcisstic creep whose 15 mins. is up.

Elloria

WooooooW! someone is FULL OF THEM SELVES!

Bruce G Williams

What a gas bag. He and Letterman are a perfect combo. They aught to have a show called Hot Air, to match their over inflated ego's.

cari

I USED TO REALLY LIKE HIM!!! DAMN IT KEITH! It says something about u when BILL O Reilly is still on fox, and we all know he's angry and crazy like u, and u keep getting fired! Take a chill pill and calm down, ur becoming a big joke!

SAM

Why do you keep getting Hired, I would like to know!...

TheOriginalDonald

Don't go away mad, Keith........JUST GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luis Boki

I guess the fact that others predicted Olbermann would again sabotage another vocational opportunity. I was excited when I first heard that Keith was moving to Current. It made me seek out the channel. I do watch several programs on Current including "Young Turks" and their "Vanguard" do***entary series. However, for some reason I never got acclimated to watching Keith Olbermann. It conflicted with "The Ed Show" and usually lost out to "The Ed Show".

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4