Steve Wozniak

Ashton Kutcher Will Be GREAT

as Steve Jobs

4/3/2012 6:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0402_wozniak_jobs_ashton_EX_01
Steve Wozniak is officially endorsing Ashton Kutcher to play Steve Jobs in an upcoming movie about the Apple co-founder ... telling TMZ, "I'm glad that he's onboard."

The flick -- which begins filming in May -- will reportedly chronicle Steve's journey from "wayward hippie to co-founder of Apple."

Now, Wozniak tells us, "The fear that many might have is that Ashton was selected because he's 'hot' right now. But I feel that his selection was done in the most professional manner. And I'm glad that he's onboard. I think he'll put a lot into it and that he cares about this particular subject."

Apple's employee #2 adds, "It's almost too bad that Steve Jobs is gone. His opinions and guidance, as to the story and film crew and cast would have been invaluable."

Check out Steve's entire statement after the jump ...

Steve Wozniak on Ashton Kutcher in Upcoming Steve Jobs Movie:

"There is probably little I can say, other than expressing my belief that this will be a great and popular film. I feel that Pirates of Silicon Valley was more interesting and grabbing and gets more play in schools of all levels than The Social Network. My hopes are that this film turns out as truthful and genuine as possible. I can't judge that aspect until the film is done and I see it.

As to the role of Steve Jobs I have little to say. Everyone has their own idea of who they think could play Steve the best. But when we started Apple at our young ages I decided not to put my nose and comments into every aspect of the company, like the color of boxes or the job responsibilities for a team. I would not step on the toes of people who had done these jobs for many years or decades. I would just do my engineering where I could not fail. So I look at the casting agencies and directors who are experts at casting. i trust that they considered all the relevant factors and made the best selection.

- Steve Wozniak

Franko

Only similarity Kutcher has with Jobs is the stink; Kutcher stinks as an actor, Jobs went through an odoriferous phase in his younger hippie days.

aston

Well, according to many people, Jobs was a bright douchebag. Kutcher is perhaps not that bright and not quite that bad a douchebag (though his stunt against his wife on their anniversary comes close). But I've seen not really bright actors play intelligent roles before, so maybe it will work.

John T.

Because he's hot? Got to be nuts. Two and half sucks with him and ratings are bad. The guy acts childish and a fool. Has no talent.

ragu4u

Stop it already with this Ashton Kutcher love affair. He can't act. He's just another pretty face who is too full of himself.

Grumpinmcpunkkin

I'm hoping to wake up and this be a bad dream. Who in their right mind thinks Ashton would be good for this role? He plays stupid well because he is. He could never play smart, his acting isn't that good.

Glynn

ASSton is not hot, has never been hot, and will never be hot. And he has no talent.

Alice

I'm pretty sure Aston Kutcher won't be "great" at anything he does....he was good in That '70's show and that's as high as he has gone.

T. Bag Jones

Yes Ashton Kutcher is hot right now...a hot steaming pile of sh!t.

sean

It's just too bad Ashton Kutcher can't act. Maybe there's an app that can help with that.

Craig

sorry, awful choice.. He is such a one dimensional actor, always the "dumb hippy type" but unfortunately he doesn't have the acting chops so cover the depth and breadth of Jobs. This is apparent with Three and a Half Men.. Ashton is NOT covering the "intelligent" component of his internet billionaire role. Bottom line, Ashton can not fake smart.

Truth

NO DOUBT WOZNIAK IS THE WORST ACTING CRITIC EVER... THE A$$WIPE JUST ADMITTED IT. #TRUTH!!

Darius

I would check Wosniak bank account if there were any large deposits made immediately before he made the endorsement. Come to think of it, a measly thousand dollars will buy him off.

dildo

Bill Nye the science guy would be a better fit.

Rodica

I MISS YOU ASHTON!!! HAPPY DAY!!!1

Darius

I would check Wozniak's bank accoiunt for any recent large deposits just before the endorsement. Come to think of it any amount will do, even a measly thousand dollars can buy him off.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments