Steve Wozniak

Ashton Kutcher Will Be GREAT

as Steve Jobs

4/3/2012 6:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0402_wozniak_jobs_ashton_EX_01
Steve Wozniak is officially endorsing Ashton Kutcher to play Steve Jobs in an upcoming movie about the Apple co-founder ... telling TMZ, "I'm glad that he's onboard."

The flick -- which begins filming in May -- will reportedly chronicle Steve's journey from "wayward hippie to co-founder of Apple."

Now, Wozniak tells us, "The fear that many might have is that Ashton was selected because he's 'hot' right now. But I feel that his selection was done in the most professional manner. And I'm glad that he's onboard. I think he'll put a lot into it and that he cares about this particular subject."

Apple's employee #2 adds, "It's almost too bad that Steve Jobs is gone. His opinions and guidance, as to the story and film crew and cast would have been invaluable."

Check out Steve's entire statement after the jump ...

Steve Wozniak on Ashton Kutcher in Upcoming Steve Jobs Movie:

"There is probably little I can say, other than expressing my belief that this will be a great and popular film. I feel that Pirates of Silicon Valley was more interesting and grabbing and gets more play in schools of all levels than The Social Network. My hopes are that this film turns out as truthful and genuine as possible. I can't judge that aspect until the film is done and I see it.

As to the role of Steve Jobs I have little to say. Everyone has their own idea of who they think could play Steve the best. But when we started Apple at our young ages I decided not to put my nose and comments into every aspect of the company, like the color of boxes or the job responsibilities for a team. I would not step on the toes of people who had done these jobs for many years or decades. I would just do my engineering where I could not fail. So I look at the casting agencies and directors who are experts at casting. i trust that they considered all the relevant factors and made the best selection.

- Steve Wozniak

Get back to work!

The waiter at my local Denny's could do a better Job.
Maybe they'll cast Fozzie Bear as Woz...is it a comedy?

keepinitrealincali

Just finished reading Walter Isaacson's biography of Jobs. He was a crazy genius and I have much respect for what he's done. Kutcher as Jobs? Meh! BTW... Jobs was a little young to be considered a hippie.

Ratings Needed

After seeing a picture of a young Steve Jobs,Kutchner is almost identical to him. He might be a good pick... personally, I can't stand him.

SYLVI212

I don't care for Kutcher at all, but he DOES bear a striking resemblence to a young Steven Jobs, so physically, yes, he fits the bill but lets wait and see how the acting goes.

Frances

Oh plllllleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssseeeeeeeeeee! Ashton is soooooooooooooo boring, his movies suck and he just doesn't "seem' that very smart. How about they audition some "real" actors...not people who got famous trying to look and be famous and really.....no talent!!!! He's boring and would be a horrible, horrible choice...he doesn't equate with genius and whoever is playing Steve Jobs has give off that feeling. Ashton is only known for cracking stupid jokes in sitcoms

OBAMA CLAUS

Vanilla stupid ? Who do you think made this country great ? Your ancertors are sacrificing their young. Take that fidinkyq.

NickSunset

Steve Wozniak Thinks...This guy hasn't choked on a donut hole yet? He is a ****ing wierdo. Don't quote that retard. Ashton Kutcher is screwball as well.

Smurph

Noah Wyle would have been decent choice.

bob

Woz was employee #1 ,,Jobs was employee #2

JerseyDevil

If you want the movie to bomb, Ashton is your guy!

For Sooth?

It takes a douche to play a douche.

Hutch

lmao epic fail..Kutcher lol I've seen better acting at my sons 2nd grade play.

wooosh

Oh, great more apple propaganda to further brain wash kids. I'm sure Apple's secured a script they're sure to cash in on. If it's a story about how he mostly was a speech giving, marketing pundit that sold apple via flowery rhetoric, then THAT would be most accurate. But if it's some phony story about how he "magically" invented "magical" electronics, and was the center of innovation, then no. Not to mention Woz would likely be rolling his eyes in private. I'd bet they tell the misleading version, rather than the real one.

Lemons

Am I the only one aware that this movie has already been made? One of the guys from the TV show E.R. was Jobs and he was fantastic at it, looked like him too! Ashton is a terrible choice... shouldn't have been a big celebrity, should be a lesser known actor who is better at acting. This movie will be awful. Who's going to play Wozniak?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4