Chevy Chase

Leaving That Voice Mail

Was the RIGHT Thing to Do

4/4/2012 6:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

040312_chevy_still

Chevy Chase tells TMZ ... cussing out "Community" creator Dan Harmon over voice mail was "the right thing to do ... at the time."

Chase was leaving the Chateau Marmont in Hollywood last night ... when we asked about the feud with his TV boss.

When we mentioned Dan's name, Chevy quipped, "Who's that?" He later added, "I don't know who you're talking about ... I really don't."

Eventually, Chase did address the voice mail attack ... telling us, "I think that was the WRONG thing to say at the time ... NO, it was the RIGHT thing to say ... at the time."

Chase later said the situation had "been handled" ... adding, "I don't have anything to say about this stuff ... we got comedy to make."

Possibly a hint that he'll stay with the show another season?

Ashley

Chevy is a legend and a bad ass. All he did was stand up for himself after that idiot cussed at him in front of his family. Never even heard of the other guy Dan who?

janet

Ok a stupid situation but Chevy is lucky he's working. When are these actors going to stop thinking they are as popular now that they might have been over 30 years ago.

writenow

Not that I'd recognize him right away since he went to seed, but for the past ten or so years, any program involving Chevy Chase is a program that's desperate. There's too much good TV to watch Desperate TV. Just sayin'.

Tammy

I think it was the wrong. What Chevy should've done was exactly what Dan did to him: wait for there to be a large gathering where his family was and then cuss his a$$ out. I suggest a restaurant as that fits the crowd and family necessities.

Kari

Both these men acted like a couple of drunks, which I suspect they were. I've never seen the show, and don't plan on watching anytime soon.

Jack

Chevy hasn't made comedy since Caddyshack. He's perfected the role of being a huge a-hole though.

Cheryl A.

I haven't heard the name "Chevy Chase" in 20 years.
I didn't miss it.

anne

Chase was a pompous, foul-mouthed young man and has mellowed into a pompous, fouler-mouthed older man. Too bad that some actors don't remember that they are only a small part of a show--not the whole show. And cussing out your boss? Never a good idea. Too bad neither can express their thoughts without cursing.

DTrumpJrsDoubleChin

I feel a fart coming on...LOL

Kelly

Everyone hates Chevy Chase.

Mitch

Fat. Ass. No. Talent. Piece. Of. ****.

stu

just like Charlie Sheen...all talk no action.
Replace this loser like 2 & 1/2 Men did w/ that loser.

PT

Is it me or is Mr. Chase getting a bit "jowly"?

ApoloKreedEatsFriedRiceOnAnyGivenSunday

chevy's bigger than this show, they don't have the balls to get rid of him

m