'Extreme Makeover' Dentist

I Secretly Collect the Teeth

of My Celebrity Patients

4/4/2012 11:08 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0_vlqi77y8_0_qvu0b49z
Dr. Bill Dorfman -- a world famous dentist who treats some of the biggest stars on Earth -- tells TMZ he keeps a "secret stash" of the teeth he's plucked from the mouths of his famous patients ... in the hopes of eventually selling them on eBay.

Dorfman -- who recently treated Lindsay Lohan and whose website features Jessica Simpson, Usher, Ozzy Osbourne, Anne Hathaway and Eva Longoria -- was outside Rock & Brews in El Segundo yesterday when he revealed his secret.

"I actually save famous people's teeth when I pull them ... but I can't tell you [their identities] 'cause it's like patient confidentiality."

He continues, "There have been a few really famous people and I thought one day maybe I could sell this on eBay."

Dorfman insists he always offers the teeth to his patients first ... but they often decline, "So I put it in the back and i just hold on to it."

We've spoken with several dentists who tell us it's not illegal to keep the teeth -- but most dentists either throw them away or give them to dental schools for research purposes.

One dentist told us, "What Dorfman is doing is just sick."

update_bar
We spoke to Doc Dorfman today on TMZ Live, and he changed his story -- drastically. Check it out ... around the 16-minute mark.

dawgithomeboy

you cannot sell teeth on ebay...ebay policy is no human reamains!!..i learned this when i tried to sell my own tooth on there,lol...tell the dr. he might wanna do some research on that...:-]

Dr Hardwicke

No this is fine YOU go to a Professionals office and he sells off parts of your body. First the teeth, then the fingers, then the legs heck why stop there?

SAM

Where is lindsay!...

Tesla_Consulting

Who doesn't want to make a dollar?

Tesla_Consulting

If Paris Hilton dies, I want to know to know the price of teeth. There, I wrote it.

Lashanda

Regards
Loose leaf tea

CJ

TMZ...you crack me up sometimes. 'Check it out around the 16 minute mark'? Are you kidding me? What makes you think any of us are going to waste 16 minutes of our life on a story like this? That's 16 minutes of our lives that we'll never get back!

HARDY-HAR-HAR

He's just messing with you! LOL!

Marley

I have been to this dentist in the past. His work does not hold up past two years. Have never went back to him again.

Bixch

Kids, isn’t it time if you happen to be a celebrity to lose Dr Bills phone number? As for the rest of us, you better call quick to make a reservation with Dr Bill cause I’m sure half of California is just rushing to get in that door so they can smile that sexy smile that says: ‘One day when I finally become famous, some bixch called Dr Bill is going to sell my teeth and make me even more famous!’

HtotheT

This guy is a d-bag. I bought a Groupon for teeth whitening in his office, and I got the flu, so I called to try to reschedule but they didn't give a f@ck. Another thought: If you are such a celebrity dentist, why are you advertising discounted teeth whitening?

Celebrity Smile

Wow! Not cool, but get a real celebrity smile here @ http://mhlnk.com/F7F6729A

Phil

I hope that the Burlington dentist doesn't disprove like most people. I think it is kinda weird, but it isn't a really gross and bad thing. Their just teeth.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4