Mark Curry

My Dentist Lost Power ...

In the Middle of My Root Canal!!!

4/5/2012 7:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

040512_curry_still

"If you think you're having problems in life, imagine you're in the dentist's chair getting a root canal ... and the power goes out"
                        -- Mark Curry ... minutes after it actually HAPPENED to him yesterday.

With a half-numbed face and a mouth full of cotton balls ... the former "Hangin' with Mr. Cooper" star was standing outside of his dentist's office in Beverly Hills moments after the building lost power.

Despite the circumstances, Curry was crackin' jokes about the situation ... telling us, "My dentist had a flashlight on the top of his head and a drill he brought from home."

The worst part -- Curry says he has to COME BACK to the office so his dentist can go back inside of his mouth to finish the procedure.  Suuuuuuuucks.

chery

Thanks... Goin' for a dreaded root canal and you tell me THIS!!!

Ladnot

Wahh

SURFCOWBOY

ROOT CANALS arent even that bad, people are such weak wimps. Ive had them before, worked in dental field too so get real people. Getting an extraction is much more painful and gross. Root canal is time consuming but theres no pressure or pain!!!! STUPID IGNORANT IDIOTS.

Mumra the Ever Living

Hard hitting news, the kind that TMZ is famous for. With big time stars with big time problems.

Really Harvey, admit it - you had absolutely no idea who this guy was when you first saw this story. I still have no idea who this guy is. Hanging with Mr. Cooper? Really?

Simone

Aw he's a good sport. I always loved Mark. Hangin with Mr. Cooper brings back good memories :)

Kabala

Borrrrrrinnnnnngggg

Sapphiegirl

Seriously a dentist in BEVERLY HILLS can't afford an effing backup generator? Must not be a very good dentist!

hotbitch

I have never understood the big to-do over root canals. I've had one before and I was chillin during and afterwards. Nothing a little Advil can't fix. Geez, grow up people.

eagles

why is anesthetic being used for root canal when there's no pain because the nerve is dead? i heard that some people wanted Vicodin after the treatment? how sick is that?

Slomoshun

LOL nice shades you dork..

Dream

He sounds like OBAMA!! :P

Pudding Tang

a dentist's office in Beverly Hills doesn't have back-up power????? @#!#^&%

Michael Jackson

Think we need to send all of them to India for a root canal where power cuts like this are common. What we do is turn on a diesel powered generator and get on with it. I have been there and a couple of times and honestly, its painful but guess what the above is a good solution.
Think you need to get them to buy a generator apart from a UPS to run stuff like this....
Just feel its too much show for a power cut on a dental chair!!! Want to know what I would do if it happened and no generator??? GO TO SLEEP with the mouth wide open, its catching flies any way!!!

Spruell

I feel for you Mr.Curry but you do look funny. I just laugh! I'm going to las Veg 4/17-4/21 wish you were performing. Last time had an injury could'nt attend most.

Spruell