Matt Lauer

Re-Signs with 'Today'

Ann Curry on Chopping Block

4/5/2012 4:52 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

Matt Lauer has signed a new long-term deal with the Today showMatt Lauer has signed a new, long-term deal with the "Today" show.  He will become way richer than he already is, and we're told the next move will be to send Ann Curry packing.

As TMZ first reported, Lauer got close to his $30 million a year asking price, nearly doubling his $17 million a year current salary.

It's bad news for Ann Curry, because our sources say Lauer does not want her as his co-host, and it appears her fate is now sealed.

NBC sources say Ann's likely replacement will be Savannah Guthrie.

Previous 15 Comments | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16

Deborah

It is really a shame, because I have always enjoyed Ann Curry's style of interviewing and reporting the news. Matt Lauer, on the other hand, is abrasive and doesn't let the person he is interviewing finish a sentence before he interrupts and becomes accusatory. A loss for the TODAY show.

R Price

Very surprised they are letting her go. Matt is far worse.

will no longer watch today show

matt laurer isn't worth 3 bucks a year!

Marie Dorriety

I just wanted to tell Mr.Lauer that I think he is very two faced. All nice this morning to Ms. Curry, but wanting her out. You should have been the one out. You do not have the nice personally she does, and I think you were affraid she would do better then you. I life has a way of paying people back for hurting other people. Hopeful you will be. Will not watch your program as long as you are on there.

Barb

I for one will never watch the show again. I hope Matt falls off his chair. I have no respect for this show anymore. Good luck Ann, will miss you. Just remember....you have class.

cheryl

We are probably not getting the entire story. NBC makes 450M . Matt has been there for years and deserves his cut. He is professional, and does his job well. No one wants to see cuts being made,I did not see a "click" between he and Ann. She is a great person and does her job well also. But together it did not make a show. She will make an excellent foreign correspondent and Matt will continue to do what he does best.As for Ann's replacement... Why not Give Matt the choice!

Laverne P Ching

Matt Lauer NEEDS TO GO!!
WE ARE NOT IGNORANT AMERICANS. YOUR GIVING ANN CURRY ANOTHER POSITION REQUIRING TRAVELING MORE AND SHE DOES HAVE A LIFE AND FAMILY IS SIMPLY SO THAT THIS UNFAIRNESS BECAUSE OF LAUER
WOULD HOPEFULLY DISAPPEAR AND NOT CONTINUE TO BE OUT THERE FOR DISCUSSION. SHAME ON YOU THE POWERS THAT BE ON THE TODAY SHOW!!
I DEFINITELY WILL GOING OVER TO THE MORNING SHOW WITH GAIL KING
YOU ALL MAKE ME SICK!!
LAVERNE P CHING

nest

Matt is a money hungy bald bad guy who must have the today bosses by the nose, I stopped watching the show because of him.

Ann honey you move on to better and brighter things in your life, you do not need that abuse
from that show, your much better than that

Paula Downs

Will NOT watch this show anymore!!!!! LOVE ANN CURRY and will miss her dearly!!!!!

GatorGirl99

I will not watch this ass! Give me Robin Roberts and George Stephanopolous any and every day of the week!

Jeanne

Matt Lauer, the main reason I watch the Today show is because of Ann Curry!!

George Bush

These &^%$wads are greedy s***.

Brenda

Who do Matt Lauer think he is. He's terrible. Why would you pay him that much. He's ball and he stucks. I am truly surprise that you would even consider keeping him over Ann. Please fire him and your ratings wll improve. Give it to Al. Al is great

Golden Voice

All this over some has been A@#$%?

Previous 15 Comments | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16