Matt Lauer

Re-Signs with 'Today'

Ann Curry on Chopping Block

4/5/2012 4:52 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

Matt Lauer has signed a new long-term deal with the Today showMatt Lauer has signed a new, long-term deal with the "Today" show.  He will become way richer than he already is, and we're told the next move will be to send Ann Curry packing.

As TMZ first reported, Lauer got close to his $30 million a year asking price, nearly doubling his $17 million a year current salary.

It's bad news for Ann Curry, because our sources say Lauer does not want her as his co-host, and it appears her fate is now sealed.

NBC sources say Ann's likely replacement will be Savannah Guthrie.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

punchypunchy

Ann Curry is one of classiest, most beautiful and empathetic talking heads around. She'll do fine without that corny morning zoo.

MysteriousLady87

Matt lauers ego is the size of Donald Trumps, and he has way less money. Hes a p.o.s.

Lekili

Matt Lauer is an ass, the proof that proved it for me was his interview with Christy Brinkley, he tore her to shreds for no reason. Ann Curry makes that show and NBC would be foolish to cut her loose, she's a classy lady. Matt needs to get over himself.

JoeFrancis

Going to be awkward at work tomorrow morning if Ann has read this...

PT

Who knew?? Is she some sort of beeyotch? Seems straight-laced, but that comes with the territory.

aquanet

This guys is douche.

He doesnt like Ann because she actually can interview people without making herself or them look like the putz balding boy does. He doesnt like anyone that is smater than him. Thatis why Rocher and Wilard Scott both still have jobs. Is he still cheating on his wife? TMZ get on that.

nellpost

since the fiasco with idiotic sarahpalin appearing on the today show, I'll never have to watch it without my pal, ann. I like ann. Matt's ok. That's showbiz. I guess.

Tamra

Agreed. Matt Lauer is a douche. What a **** move. I am a devoted watcher, but I betcha I switch now.

Melissa

Dump Ann for this balding jerk you guys are making a big mistake. Pure greed plain and simple who needs to make 30 million a year, really?!

Lilo

I cannot stand to hear Matt Lauer interview people. He tries to be such hard nosed journalist, but he just comes across as a huge a$$! I love Ann. Met her at a taping of the Today show and she was so sweet to everyone in the audience.

viewer101

and of course ann curry is the only reason i bother to watch the today show...

Lauri

Ann Curry is pleasant but I've never cared for her interviewing style. I'd rather see her replace Kathy Lee.

Hervey....Hervey of Arabia...He was a single guy...

Ann Curry was the only reason I'd pause to watch that stink hole program while channel surfing. Lauer is a dumb ass.

JP

If you wonder why your cable bill is over $100 a month...ludicrous salaries like Matt's are why.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments