« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Warren Sapp

I'M DEAD BROKE

and I Lost My Super Bowl Ring

4/6/2012 2:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0406_warren-sapp_tmz
Future NFL Hall-of-Famer Warren Sapp has filed for bankruptcy ... claiming he's racked up millions of dollars in debts ... but worst of all, dude claims he LOST his 2002 Super Bowl ring.

Sapp -- who played in the NFL for 12 years -- just filed for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy in Florida ... and in the papers he gives a full rundown of his dire financial situation.

According to the docs, Sapp owes more than $6.7 million to various creditors ... including hundreds of thousands of dollars in child support payments and alimony to at least 4 different baby mamas.

Among the debts, Sapp says he owes $853k to the IRS for 2006 and another $89k for 2010. Sapp says he also owes $2,858 in medical bills for "Corrective Speech and Language Therapy."

Sapp says he only has $6.45 million to his name ... and lists all of his assets in the documents ... which include:

-- 240 pairs of Jordan sneakers and sandals
-- Large Nude women painting
-- Lion skin rug (female - lioness)
-- Nike golf clubs
-- De Grisogono watch (scratch on crystal, nicks and scratches on band)
-- A boxing glove signed by Muhammad Ali

But most interestingly, Sapp notes he has LOST two of his most treasured and valuable possessions -- the 2002 Super Bowl ring he won with the Tampa Bay Bucs (example below) and the National Championship ring he won with the Miami Hurricanes.

0406_bucaneers_ring
In the docs, Sapp also lists his current salary as an analyst for the NFL Network as $45k per month ... $540k per year. Sapp says his deal with the NFL Network expires in August and he's not sure if the network will extend his deal.

Calls to Sapp have not been returned.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

rosa

Sick to death that these over paid athletes, actors & singers who live beyond their means. I mean we are an average family with 1 income but all my bills are paid & I have a savings. How the hell do they do these people lose all their money. How do they not pay their taxes. How is it possible to have THAT much debt. What about all the "swag" all the free crap companies give them. I don't understand the need for 240 shoes. I love shoes too. I love my LV but all my stuff is MINE cuz I paid for it. PAY YOUR F**KING BILLS LOSERS.

Tiffany

So tired of these athletes getting paid millions and millions and end up "poor" and "broke". Get a damn brain and invest your money. After seeing the crap they buy and their extravagant lifestyles, I am glad they end up broke, they deserve it. Invest and save you morons! Being a professional athlete doesn't last a lifetime. Geez, these guys are such idiots!

manbearpig

more than 50% of all pro athletes end up broke in less than 5 years after sports.
welcome to the club mr. sapp.
except this isn't one of those super-hip clubs to be seen at.
a fool and his money..........

Jordan

He lost his Superbowl ring like Tim Tebow lost his Virginity

rosa

BTW why are we just hearing about this lost ring??!!! LIAR. He's pulling an OJ with his Heisman Trophy.

jarrod_sinclair@yahoo.com

Make me understand: How in the hell can he be broke: NFL has it's own retirement fund.What pisses me off is: If he is being suited..No, law suit can touch his NFL retirement Fund.All I say is ....Go cry to someone else..cause man I don't give a crap.

Proverbs 22:1

C'Mon Man

John

Warren has always been an ass. His senior year at Miami I asked him how was school going he replied he didn't give a damn about school. I said what if you got hurt and couldn't play pro ball, his reply.I'd go home and sell drugs.That was the last time I talked to that POS.

Michael

Um, Florida State won the National Championship of college football in 1999, and Sapp had been in the NFL for 5 seasons by then. How do you screw that up, TMZ? He was a member of The U's 1991 National Championship-winning team.

Booyah

I would like to see that "Large Nude Women" painting. LOL! Wazzup with that?

JugEars McKenyan Sr..

I ripped on this very 'phenomenon' on other posts on this site before this guy came out and it's a joke, it happens to 90% of these people and that's why pro sports are DEAD to me. I don't pay these deadbeat party dogs' woman abusing, child abusing crack habit dog killer's salaries

jimi

he can save 40k a year by putting the fork down

Him

Check behind the sofa. It's always behind the sofa.

JackMeOffer

Pull out Warren. PULL OUT!!!

arale norimaki

Oh, you are being ridiculous. He's a professional football player.