Fantasia Barrino

Taking $500,000 Hit

After Foreclosure Nightmare

4/7/2012 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Fantasia Barrino
Fantasia Barrino
's finally putting her financially turbulent past behind her -- dumping the giant house in North Carolina she nearly lost to foreclosure in 2009 ... but the therapeutic real estate move is costing her nearly $500K.

Fantasia has listed the 5-bedroom, 38,768 sq. ft. mansion in Charlotte for $800,000 -- nearly $500,000 less than what she paid for it in 2007 ... $1.3 million -- and you can bet she won't get her asking price.

0401-fantasia-north-carolina-vh1-sub
As we previously reported, the home isn't without its bad memories -- Fantasia nearly lost the place at public auction after allegedly defaulting on a $58,000 loan. She managed to save it at the last minute.

So far, no word on whether the house has received any offers.

ARTOFWAR

....TMZ---The only way a 38,000 sq ft house is going to sell for 1.2 million in American is if the house is rat infested, termite infested, haunted, and there were at least 22 homicides committed in it.

Re-check your numbers---Oprah's house in Calabasas is only 24.000 sq. ft and she paid $50 million for it. I understand there is a big difference between California real estate and North Carolina real estate markets but not that quite this big.

I reside on Star Island, South Beach Miami---a 38.000 sq ft. home on this Island would be in upwards of $60...-$70 million easy.

No way is this house 38.000 sq.ft for a mere $1.2 million at its original purchase price...Artofwar

Moe Howard

What an illiterate idiot...she doesnt even have a hit song and she buys a giant home...this is just another example of "the" failing culture.

LMB

Like a lot of other people are pointing out, there is NO WAY this house is nearly 40,000 square feet - especially for what she paid for it, even if it is in N. Carolina. Why doesn't this so very fine, quality operation at TMZ read the comments and keep up on corrections?

canadasue

I agree...It can't be 38,000+ square feet if it is only $800,000. You can't get a closet where I live for that. :(

minnietx

Hmm!! 38,000sq ft??? I really question that, not even The Donald would probably have a house that size...not sure if Candy Spelling's home was that large!! better check your facts...?? A house of that size would be a small fortune a month to maintain....you would dust from one end of the home to the other and it would take about a month working alone...I don't see her making that kind of paycheck ...

JamieLynnPM

My uncle is her neighbor and the entire neighborhood is happy to see her go! She always has loud parties and the cops are always being called to this quiet neighborhood.

chicagannie

Fools and their money....and what has Fantasia done to earn any real money the past couple years? She was an idiot to take on that kind of loan.

John

I fully appreciate the opinions of people that state things like “if you live outside of your means and enter into a mortgage or contract for a property you can’t afford, then it’s your own stupid fault and a foreclosure is inevitable – although it’s somewhat the banks responsibility also to not be so greedy etc”. I don’t disagree, I think it’s the individuals responsibility to study any contract they get themselves into carefully, and to ensure they will be making payments they can cope with. However, I was made redundant and could no longer pay the bills in full. I’m hard working and struggled to find new work in my area, I received a foreclosure notice and when you’re supporting a family it’s one of the most stressful and sickening experiences to go through. I fortunately stumbled on a little blogger site with an article that recommended a website that could help http:// whatliesinyourdebt.com
Blogger site if you’re interested http://cleanforeclosure.blogspot.com/p/1.html

Lisa

The house is 6000 sq feet. I live nearby. It's also pending under contract.

Phillip

**** thats too damn big, I wouldnt want to be the one that has to clean it

dale felder

i friends a 5 bed room home here in sanfrancisco, cost 5.million just my 2cents daa, my story, http://lulul.com/spotlight/dale57

sharib0123

Fantasia's house is about 6600 sq ft.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4