« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Tim Tebow

Delivering Easter Sermon

4/7/2012 5:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0407_tim_tebow_tmz
It may not be football season yet, but Tim Tebow is suiting up this Sunday nonetheless ... to deliver an Easter sermon in Texas.

Tebow, who was traded the New York Jets last month, will be delivering the 10:00 AM address at Celebration Church in Georgetown, TX -- with a crowd expected to top 30,000.

Joe Champion, a pastor at the church, told local reporters, “There will be the sacredness of Easter. It’s not a Tim Tebow show. It’s not about a celebrity. There’s really only one celebrity that we are going to honor and highlight.”

Troy Aikman?

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Nicoleasm

Yea right pastor, that's what a small percentage will be celebrating. But majority will be there to see Tebow..

Rico Suave

Spam much? Geez! haha

Jordan

It New York don't want tebow anymore than the broncos otherwise he would have been welcome to give his seman in NY.

william s lewis

somebody needs to tell tebow easter is a pagan holiday its passover that is what is you suppose to look at Jesus died on this day for everyone easter is a sexual god that have orgy in the woods its only one time in the book of acts satan and his people put it there.

ManiacalZebra

So now he's ordained and delivering sermons? Isn't he a football player or something?

stu

This is y he got a pedi & mani the other day. He wants to look good for church. I hope he wears those skin tight jeans TMZ posted the other day.

Superman

If it's not going to be a Tebow show, then why invite him and probably pay him to do it?!? Well, at least, he didn't try to be hypocritically political by getting politicians to do it.

TMZ still hasn't gotten the proofreader.

Jordan

Tim Tebow is going to pray to his lord and savior because he needs it. He is asking who do I vote for as a christian man a black christian man or a mourmon who will say he is a christian man oh lord and savior what do i do? On a side note can you help me throw a football better than i do now.

Tesla_Consulting

I don't always agree with Tim Tebow but there's him and Kirk Cameron, it doesn't take long.

Toilethead

And then he'll deliver a second sermon down at the Gay Blade.

Luz

Cool! I like what he's doing.

A

It isn't about celebrity? Oh, yeah, I am sure it wasn't about filling the seats. I'm Christian but I don't feel that it is about filling the seats or using other forms to get people there....this is about that. They are using him to fill the seats - - - come on!

rico

Wait till we all found out what the real Tebow is all about, Bet hes hiding behind all this B.S. Jesus stuff for a reason. Virgin, my ass.

StevenB

Sacred, my butt. Call it what it is - a publicity and cash grab. If you were concerned about the 'sacredness' of the day you would have brought in trained clergy not someone who is famous for playing a sport badly.

George Pool

I am really tired of people salivating of this guy's religiosity. It's only a matter of time before they find him drunk and stoned in a cheap motel with a dead male prositutue lying next to him. Knock it off.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments