« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Lamar Odom

FINISHED in Dallas

4/9/2012 7:26 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0409_lamar_mark_BN_01
Stick a fork in Lamar Odom ... 'cause he's officially DONE in Dallas.

Odom released a statement explaining he will "step away from the team" ... effective immediately.

He added, "I'm sorry that things didn't work out better for both of us, but I wish the Mavs' organization, my teammates and Dallas fans nothing but continued success in the defense of their championship."

According to ESPN, Odom will leave the team ASAP ... but he will not be cut.

Instead, Odom will be listed as "inactive" for the rest of the season ... which means he could still be traded after the season.

Odom has been downright atrocious this season -- he's put up career low numbers and just hasn't appeared motivated on the court.

Sucks even worse for his wife Khloe Kardashian ... because the couple had just leased a condo in Dallas and had planned to begin shooting footage for the family reality show.

0409_lamar_odom_dallas_mavericks_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

TheTruth

How fast will Khloe divorce him now since he is just baggage. I guess we will see Khloe start to get fatter, because fat girls eat when stressed...

SH

YES! Finally!!

minnietx

I like Lamar he has a funny sense of humor always makes me laugh when I watch his show. He has funny quips, he and Klhoe seem to be soul mates. I just think his heart was still with the Lakers, it's home. Theres no place like home. Basketball seems to be a crazy career, I would find something else to do if you don't need the money!!! Movin all over the place is a crazy life!!!

minnietx

Here is what Klhoe should do to help her husband. Give up the reality show, Lamar needs to go to the Lakers and work out a deal (beg for job back)....and ask no more special favors from the Lakers and Staple Center, act like a regular player and be humble (I know you can)....Klhoe don't let you mama ruin your marriage and your man....I think he needs his basketball with the Lakers for him to be happy!!! My 2 cents!!

robocop

Everything and everyone attached to this toxic family goes belly up. Time to lose that large wife of yours and get on the straight and narrow. Let's face it, if you aren't playing basketball for a living -- what else are ya gonna do? Not educated, not talented...OH, of course, become a reality star!

jlg

Now take your bald headed, bench warning, motha brotha arse the frick out of Dallas. Take money you did not earn, with your b$tch a$$, and buy yourself a big arse couch and cry your b!tch tears because you are not special. You are expendable and now no one wants you, B!!!!!!!!TCH

tiki

Oh my gosh, what is Khloe going to do without the spotlight Lamar brings with basketball? All the KKKlan need to be in the news. After this dies down, they won't. Oh dear!

Kai

Khloe seems to be a ride or die chick, I think she would stay...but then there's that Kris K. advising her and she is all about the cash

Kai

It appears that Khloe is a ride or die chic...but then there's that Kris K advising her and she is all about the paycheck...time will tell, won't it?

Amanda

Who cares......their marriage wont last. Its all about money fame what u look like and The Kardashian girls are Shallow Superficial money hungry Slugs..go away go do something for others not for your selfish selves.

suuzie

Lamar's team mates wives do not want the Kardashian klan around because they will only bring drama with them and his team mates would rather not be bothered because they want to keep peace at home. The Kardashians take too much attention away from the team.

K-Dog

Does n't surprise me that Khlodom quit on the Mavs, he's nothin but a coattail-ridin' b#tch. After this season, Cuban should send his sorry ass back to LA for $5000 worth of food stamps.

cha cha

big mouth Lamar told big mouth Khloe that Kobe Bryant was cheating big time on his sife .... Frankenberry then told her skank mother Kris Jenner who then told Kobe's wife and then the divorce filing. Next thing you know Lamar is off the Lakers and on to the MAVS where Kris Skank Jenner is best friends with Cuban who is best friends with Seacrest.

cha cha

The way I heard it is that the Lakers wanted him and Khloe gone for alot of reasons. Seems Lamar told Khloe that Kobe was cheating on Vanessa then Khloe told her skank mother Kris Jenner who then blew the whistle on Kobe to Vanessa. Right after that Lamar was gone. I would take this reason to the bank. There was an article that did say Kris Jenner got Vanessa Bryant all fired up and off she went to the divorce lawyer.

QE2

Mark Cuban needs to get him a prozac script and trade him to Cleveland.