« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Lamar Odom

FINISHED in Dallas

4/9/2012 7:26 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0409_lamar_mark_BN_01
Stick a fork in Lamar Odom ... 'cause he's officially DONE in Dallas.

Odom released a statement explaining he will "step away from the team" ... effective immediately.

He added, "I'm sorry that things didn't work out better for both of us, but I wish the Mavs' organization, my teammates and Dallas fans nothing but continued success in the defense of their championship."

According to ESPN, Odom will leave the team ASAP ... but he will not be cut.

Instead, Odom will be listed as "inactive" for the rest of the season ... which means he could still be traded after the season.

Odom has been downright atrocious this season -- he's put up career low numbers and just hasn't appeared motivated on the court.

Sucks even worse for his wife Khloe Kardashian ... because the couple had just leased a condo in Dallas and had planned to begin shooting footage for the family reality show.

0409_lamar_odom_dallas_mavericks_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Rusty Shackleford

TMZ is definetly on the Kardashian payroll, I am so disgusted with with these people. Every 5 mins its Kardashian this and Kardashian that, what about other celebs that people actually like and want to hear about. God you people are so biased. As for Lamar I knew he was p*ssy whipped from the moment I saw him, you can see that he's a down to earth guy that caught up with this diseased family. I bet he'll divorce the SASQUATCH sooner rather than later, he'll wake up and realize that they are the reason he's become so unpopular and booed regularly and his career will spiral into a black hole and he'll become a joke just like the rest of them. .

hanna

people trash kris hump, but when the split happened his game improved he is doing the best he ever has lamar needs to take a lesson from kris's book and not let k's walk over him...

Johnny Handsome

odun noodles who ??, who the f***k cares
what a loser.

2idiots

One thing we'll NEVER hear is that Khloe is too upset to eat!

TJ

The KARDASHIAN KURSE- he may be nice (who really knows),but is he very smart????

barnyardhumor

Always knew the Kardashians would be his downfall. Sad, he was a good player.

barnyardhumor

Pimp mama K already orchestrating divorce as a season finale.

ummm?!

Does this mean him/Khloe are free to move back LA tomorrow?

weezy

A real and true baller should be able to play with any team. His head is too big; reality check for him!

Sandra

So boring!!

Jody

So now Khloe can go back home where she really wants to be anyway. No loss for her.

TJ

Khloe is her own little manipulator. Wiles taught by Jenner bag,no doubt. Huh,my wittle lamy pie,goo,goo.

taylor

My gut tells me that, in addition to the trade, Lamar was not happy living (not only in Dallas), but with Khloe. He was finally left alone with her...no family/friends around to keep her busy or to detract from what was really going on. Lamar also has most of his connections in LA. So, he has been a fish out of water in my view. However, I don't give him a pass because, like many have stated, life is full of ups and downs and he should have pulled himself together no matter what! Many would jump through hoops just be become a player. Besides, who can be proud of leaving a team knowing that you did not give it your all. Pride in your ability and game would dictate otherwise. And I believe Khloe may be secretly happy because she gets to be around her family...but it remains to be seen how she and Lamar will handle all the time he will have on his hands.

TJ

Does Lamar have any other marketable skills? He doesn't seem that intelligent.

Drk Gntlmn

Ratings for Khloe and Lamar were not that great. So I believe someone had a hand on the trade to try make things more interesting/more drama for ratings. I hope he does divorce Khloe, the K-TRASH family has ruined him just like the others. Bruce is a motivational speaker, an excellent one, but he lets this money hungry trolls control everything.