Melissa Etheridge's Ex-GF

I Can't Live on $23,000 a Month!

4/9/2012 2:23 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0409_melissa-etheridge-tammy-lynn-michaels-separation
Melissa Etheridge
's ex-GF Tammy Lynn Michaels claims she's barely scraping by on the $23,000 a month Melissa currently pays her in partner and child support -- and now, she wants a massive raise ... this according to new court docs obtained by TMZ.

Tammy just filed the papers in the couple's infamously bitter separation claiming Melissa makes roughly $177,882.00 PER MONTH ... and got Tammy accustomed to an extravagant lifestyle while they were together ... so the $23k is incredibly unfair.

Tammy -- a former actress -- also claims she has "virtually no savings" and would need "extensive retraining" if she were to rejoin the workforce.

Tammy claims Melissa is also brainwashing the kids -- training them to be emotionally distant and rude to Tammy ... and now they won't even give her a hug.

Tammy also accuses Melissa of cursing around the children -- including one instance ... when she told Tammy to "get the f**k off my back" in front of the kids. According to Tammy, Melissa also refuses to let the kids get vaccinated.

As for the reason behind the mudslinging -- Tammy and Melissa are headed into a settlement conference in May to determine support and custody issues ... so it's important for Tammy to demonstrate she's the better mom.

On top of increased support, Tammy also wants Melissa to pay her $120,000 legal bill. Calls to Melissa were not returned.

John

High price for southern travel. Forget gay marriage. Who needs equality? Go back to individuality and you'll be a lot better off.

AS

Uhmmmm...I barely make $23000 a year, much less a month. No sympathy here sweetie. We all have to make changes to survive.

Lisa-Centereach

What a set of ba**s to say you can't live on $23K a month, while people are homeless, at the end of their unemployment, starving, losing their homes etc. You ungrateful b**ch.........

Redskin_Chick

What I think is BS about Melissa is that when they first said that they were divorcing, Melissa pulled the 'oh we werent really married'. So wrong, esp when gay people are trying so hard to have equal rights. I'm a straight women, and that made me so mad, I believe that gays should have 'marriage rights', like the rest of us. But for Melissa to pull that crap really made me mad. Sorry about my rant lol.

Bloomcounty.USA

Golddiggers come in all shapes, sizes, and sexual orientations ... she's totally coming across as a grade A golddigger. $23k a months isn't enough, give me a break. There are people that live on less than that per year. Not too much sympathy coming from me on this.

abby

Can't live on $23,000 a month? OMG . . . I feel so sorry for her.

lovetohatecelebs

Barely scraping by on $23,000 A MONTH?! B*tch, what the f*ck are you really doing with your money?!?

F*cking greedy people these days... Go hang out with Kim K, and die.

ShakingMyHead

"Come on, people now, shine on your brother .. everybody get together gotta love one another right now."
I'm far from their financial status, but I was in a relationship that afforded me jewelry, trips and very nice homes over the span of 25 years.
I left the security of the golden egg and though terrifying, made a life for myself.
Who is she kidding saying that she "will need extensive training" to get a job?
Good grief.
I don't care who is right or wrong in their relationship, but if you're going to move on, for fahks sake, do it with dignity and stop milking the teat of the cash cow.
Make your own $$$.

Estrogen

It's actually amusing that Tammy would be accusing Melissa of refusing to let the kids gets vaccinated because the last article posted about these two said they were "hiding their hate" at a lunch they had to which Tammy herself tweeted took place "after the kids got their vaccinations" so it seems perhaps Tammy has a long nose to go with her deep pockets.

minnietx

Explain how they know which is the wife and which is the husband and how do they know who gets custody because generally the wife gets the children but since they are both women then how do the courts decide.....too confusing ......word to self YOU HAVE MADE YOUR LIFE A HOT MESS and now have brought children into the whole mess....ewwww!!!

minnietx

Ughh!! Melissa Etheridge who cares she is creepy and I'm sure she makes more than what is reported here that's why this Tammy Lyn person is going for more. Melissa Ethridge gross, she wanted to be grown up and equal and you got it.....

Gary

My, what a cunning stunt !

jmuirbrook

for 23k a month, I'll be gay

travelezz323

This "Tammy" raised 3 kids, after leaving a very violent marriage. Made me disabled, we lived off of $621 for several years. Now they are all in college. It can be done!!

Rachel

What a money grabbing C U Next Tuesday she is. I live in London, UK and I think it's absolutely insane people get money after a divorce or break up. I'm like huh? Child support, yes of course. But funding someone you are no longer with's life is absurd haha. :)