Russell Brand

Money to Burn ... for Realsies?

4/9/2012 2:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
TMZ TV

041012_brand3_still
Russell Brand didn't ask for a penny in his divorce from Katy Perry -- probably because he's already got so much money ... he can afford to burn it. No joke ... you gotta see this video.

Check out TMZ on TV -- click here to see your local listings!

Gloria

Dear Mr. Brand, I read where you have money to burn. Well, I am a lady of 70 and on a fixed income. I worked for over 33 years without any help from my kids father. No welfare, nothing. I worked 3 part-time jobs to make ends meet. And now that I have retired it sure doesn't go very far, so if you can throw soe of that money to burn over to my address, I will sure burn it the right way. Fix my mobile home, my yard and that goes with being a home ownerl

Sincerely and very appreciate of anything you can throw my way.
God Bless you and yours.
Miss. Ginger

Stanovich

People in Great Britian love this dooche. I'm not surprised he's super rich. I'm not surprised people in the USA dont realize it either. Stuff can be super popular in Europe and people in the states don't even know they exist.

static

Why haven't we deported this douche yet?

diggler88

When Floyd Mayweather did this there was basically civil unrest on this site but when this joke does it than its not that bad. This site is racist.

-George Zimmerman

just because

Who cares. He banged Katy Perry for free.

Meanie

God I hate this banal POS. Go away already.

Meanie

We'll only be able to deport him once he TAKES A F"G BATH!

Mary

Maybe he was making statement about money and materialism. On the other hand maybe he just burnt a bit of paper. Leave him ALONE!

Louize

I doubt it's even money! Just a piece of paper! Its a dollar bill not $100 bill apparently,get off that high horse and get real! If Police have nothing better to do than arrest a man for burning an almost worthless piece of paper then you country is even crazier than ours!!

julia

I think he is suffering deeply from being divorced. I don't think he would be this depressed looking and messing up by throwing phones, if the divorce was not bothering him deeply. I have to admit how he has handled himself and the ending of his marriage has given me the best impression of him. He's been incredibly dignified, hasn't taken any of her money and he's remained quiet about it all.

Mina

I bet he is in pain. I still see him running hard to put distance between himself and his divorce. His reactions are the proof. He has not made one negative comment or dig at Katy although her so called friends seem intent on stirring the pot. Russell was very serious about his marriage, that much was clear but he realised that Katy was always going to put her career first and wasn't mature enough to cope with such a commitment.

Alison

Yes. Specifically in Title 18, Section 333 of the United States code. It states:

Whoever mutilates, cuts, disfigures, perforates, unites or cements together, or does any other thing to any bank bill, draft, note, or other evidence of debt issued by any national banking association, Federal Reserve Bank, or Federal Reserve System, with intent to render such item(s) unfit to be reissued, shall be fined not more than $100 or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.
This law is enforced by the Secret Service.

The big reason why the government enforces this is because it cost about 5 cents to make one note. The Bureau of Engraving and Printing makes 37 million notes. Every day. Which means that it takes about $1,850,000 to make approximately $696 million worth of bills.

(http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_it_illegal_to_burn_US_money)

Celebrities Suck

Brand, you seem like you have issues. Why burn a $1? If money doesn't mean anything to you while not burn all your money? Why burn just a $1? You're a douche bag that $1 could have fed a child.

Celebrities Suck

Brand, you seem like you have issues. Why burn a $1? If money doesn't mean anything to you why not burn all your money? Why burn just a $1? You're a douche bag that $1 could have fed a child.

brad

I wouldn't be surprised if Russell Brand burned through every last dollar to his name in a few years when his showbiz career fades away. These people tend to fall into the trap of thinking that the big money is always going to roll in. For some showbiz people that does happen. For about 80% of them it doesn't. There's a LOT of "flash in the pan" showbiz people that make it big for about 5 years and then they disappear and you wonder "what ever happened to that guy?"

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments