Jennifer Lopez

Rents L.A. Public Beach

Keep Away from My Kids

4/11/2012 12:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart on a beach.Jennifer Lopez is drawing a line in the sand -- paying nearly a grand to rent out a public beach in L.A. last weekend ... to keep randoms away from her family and children.

Sources tell TMZ, Jennifer forked over $925 to the city of Long Beach to rent out Marine Beach on Saturday -- 3,400 feet of shoreline -- just for her, her kids, her BF Casper Smart and other family and friends.

To keep out the riffraff, we're told lifeguards marked off the water using buoys -- and kept the beach gates locked.

We're told J.Lo and co. brought their own jet skis for awesome fun times -- and even hired a wakeboard instructor.

Meanwhile, a bunch of sad locals stayed home and played with dirt.

SouthernGal820

Don't TAX PAYERS pay for that public beach? To be denied access because she "rented" it. Hummm....

Sam Karr

Sweetie, if i knew you were going to the beach, I'd pay the money to have you quarantined off. Then I'd pay for you to take singing and acting lessons.

Jane

If that is a public beach, then is it even legal for the powers that be to rent it to an individual?

PatinNJ

she was just trying to make sure that her boy-toy didn't catch sight of any actual hot babes.

tanya boje

why Long Beach malibu to busy for her

tanya boje

why long beach malibu too far

Susie

My QUESTION to the CITY OF LONG BEACH. CAN anyone rent out the same portion of beach line, 3400 ft for 925.00 for the weekend, or just JLOW or other star? I would like TMZ to get an answer to THAT one. I have NEVER heard of such a thing and just placing a call to a friend who works for the City of Long Beach that she has NEVER heard of such a thing, unless they did it special as some kind of donation.
TMZ do a little follow up and see if this is possible for the GENERAL Public to do also ok??? Will be interesting to see what they say.

Sapphiegirl

That beotch has some nerve! If she wants a private beach, then F*CKING BUY A PRIVATE ISLAND, LORD KNOWS SHE HAS ENOUGH F*CKING MONEY TO DO THAT!

Sunset

I'm so tired of this stupid greaseball and her antics. Toting her cholo boyfriend and kids around like common street trash.

Richard A. Finn

How do you rent a public beach? I'm the the public and I never authorized this.

Juliana

I can't believe that's all it cost to rent the beach for the day and keep all the tax payers out. It's just not right to close a PUBLIC OWNED place to the public. Unfair!!

Chris Ellerc

Wow, you all sound bitter. I bet you all believe in the
new taxes too. Fools, when the owner can't make a profit guess what happens to you!

Also, give up the racist slurs, really the best you can do is "spic". It's ironic the comments about who does she think she is and yet alot of you go on racist rage in the same paragraph. TMZ gotta say your site seems to encourage racism. Charles, whats up with that???? Yea proud black man?

Really you look like a slave to me!

Sherms

Go somewhere else you A-HOLE. Renting a "public beach" only makes you that much more unlikable. You are sickening if there is truth to this story.

Luz

That's pretty frugal. Why doesn't she buy or rent and ocean front mansion in a gated community?

milly5

It looks like Casper is looking out the ocean in first pix and is wondering "Dang, she is def. going to leave me for her manny/bodyguard, his alot taller AND handsome then me, my days are numbered"