Joe Eszterhas

Mel Said John Lennon

Deserved To Be Shot

4/12/2012 6:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0411_mel_gibson_3

Mel Gibson celebrates John Lennon's death, claiming he deserved to die ... this according to the screenwriter of the failed "Maccabee" project, Joe Eszterhas.

In a scathing 9-page letter, obtained by The Wrap, Eszterhas claims Mel once ranted about the departed Beatle, "I'm glad he's dead. He deserved to be shot. He was f**king messianic. Listen to his songs! Imagine. I hate that f**king song. I'm glad he's dead."

According to Eszterhas, Mel saved his true fury for Oksana Grigorieva, saying, "I want to f**k her in the ass and stab her while I'm doing it."

And on the business side, Eszterhas claims Mel said this of Ari Emanuel, the head of the William Morris Endeavor Agency: "He's a c*nt Jewboy."

Mel has fired back at Joe, claiming the letter is a pack of lies.

0412_remembering_john_lennon_footer

Donna

If Mel did say this, he is actually worse than I thought he was, he is crazy. Lennon did not deserve to die. Please Mr I am Mr Church shutup.

Diane

Mel Gibson is a hyprocritical, so-called Christian. John Lennon preached love and diversity; Mel Gibson spews hate and sick attacks on his ex-lover. JL claimed no religion as his own, but that we are all as one. MG claims the Catholic Church as his guide, but he continually seems to be going down the wrong path. Karma will tell.

Martin

I frequented a bar in Mill Valley where Esterhas would get on his drunk. A loud, spoiled-brat, lump of a man who blew his acid-reflux/stale cigarette butt/rotting anchovie breath into everyone's face. I would believe him if he said the earth was a planet. He must be attempting a comeback.

joeyo

i sort of doubt gibson said 90% of this.i can see him making a comment about oksana, minus the stabbing part.

J.

Well Mel, let me be the one to say that the world would be entirely indifferent if anything should ever happen to you.

The love you take is equal to the love you make!!! Peace out, homeboy!

Nick

Anyone leaving a comment, besides me, is really bored. Who cares what Mel says...he's not hurting you so get a new hobby. Mel 4 President...at least he'll say what we all feel!

len

you go get them Mel

scruples

Gibson is nothing more than a druken big mouth rascist pig.
Good actor but a stupid pig

sharon

Mel's such a good Catholic. Listen to the hatred. God, save me from your followers!

Ted

Why do they hate Mel Gibson so much now? Ever since The Passion...he was THE MAN before he made that movie: its success was the end of him.

Kariann Hart

This is news? This is craziness from a man who has lost his mind.

doochy

Is someone posting damage control here? It's sooo believable. But also so funny. He's also right that Imagine is not a great song and full of phony left stuff - like having no private property. Mel apparently doesn't know that John Lennon turned much more conservative before his death. I think he knew how he was getting used by the system.

Bill

This is the kind of stuff that makes me love ole Mel. He is just saying what the rest of us think. Go Mel!

dan salimbene

Mel the anti-semetic ,drunkin'(usually while driving),Hate spouting,GOD loving leader of the CHURCH OF her Lady OF Excruciating Agony and Hatred (Mel, Leader and only member),is still making news?This guy will do or say anything to get back in the show(since his career is now dead)!!Mel...JUST SHUT UP AND GO AWAY

mike

Hello people? Who says any of this is even true!

"According to Eszterhas"