Joe Eszterhas

Mel Said John Lennon

Deserved To Be Shot

4/12/2012 6:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0411_mel_gibson_3

Mel Gibson celebrates John Lennon's death, claiming he deserved to die ... this according to the screenwriter of the failed "Maccabee" project, Joe Eszterhas.

In a scathing 9-page letter, obtained by The Wrap, Eszterhas claims Mel once ranted about the departed Beatle, "I'm glad he's dead. He deserved to be shot. He was f**king messianic. Listen to his songs! Imagine. I hate that f**king song. I'm glad he's dead."

According to Eszterhas, Mel saved his true fury for Oksana Grigorieva, saying, "I want to f**k her in the ass and stab her while I'm doing it."

And on the business side, Eszterhas claims Mel said this of Ari Emanuel, the head of the William Morris Endeavor Agency: "He's a c*nt Jewboy."

Mel has fired back at Joe, claiming the letter is a pack of lies.

0412_remembering_john_lennon_footer

Frieda

I see Joe Eszterhas is still a "smut peddler" - I just read his 9 page letter to The Wrap. What a kook! He's writes like a cheap B movie horror movie LOL

RODOLFO

MEL IS CORRECT! LENNON ONCE SAID HE WAS BIGGER THAN JESUS! THE BEATLES SUCK! ******* FROM ENGLAND...

azlee

do I understand this right? This is from a guy making a movie on the same topic that Mel was going to do...it flopped so now he is attacking?

so the point of this shout is what?

azlee

wasn't this guy that was going to do the movie too? Or am I remembering wrong?

Wazzup

Leave Mel Gibson alone before we lose a great actor and don't get to see great movies anymore!!!

Sunset

I totally believe Joe because this is just the latest in a long line of antisemitic mysogynistic horrible things Mel has said including on that tape we all heard. No one has accused Joe of those things. These things sound exactly like what Mel would say.

Lexi

He needs to go away. I'm tired of hearing him. Nothing good comes out of his mouth.

GLaDOS

Mel = COMEDY GOD!!

Mr, Know it All

There is absolutely no proof that Mel said any of this. This Esterhas guy, the epic writer of "Show Girls" writes a crappy script that the studio hates. He goes off the 5150 deep end and makes crap up. He should spend more time writing scripts and not making up this nonsense.

Holly

I'm surprised he hasn't killed someone yet. Maybe he has!

Shuffle Demon

Sorry but not buying it..seems like Joe is a little peeved Mel killed the project and thus cut hi out of cash for writing it and any cut of the film profits... highly doubt Mel is going to talk about OxSanity now... especially after he was silent all thru her extortion attempt

Scott Levy

I can't believe anyone has the balls to defend that lifelong anti-semite Mel Gibson. There's no doubt in my mind that Joe is telling the truth.

Shuffle Demon

wow...psychobabble is still here...amazing, how's things at the trailer park?

Cartman

Why won't TMZ leave Mel Gibson alone?

Talk about crucifixion.

LuvLeeRita

To the staff at TMZ, I believe most everyone here is tired of the same old story about Mel Gibson. Yes, he said some awful things in the past, yes, he said he was sorry. Now let it go, it's old news now. And anyone coming out of the woodwork to add their two cents is just beating a dead horse. NEXT STORY PLEASE !