Joe Eszterhas

Mel Said John Lennon

Deserved To Be Shot

4/12/2012 6:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0411_mel_gibson_3

Mel Gibson celebrates John Lennon's death, claiming he deserved to die ... this according to the screenwriter of the failed "Maccabee" project, Joe Eszterhas.

In a scathing 9-page letter, obtained by The Wrap, Eszterhas claims Mel once ranted about the departed Beatle, "I'm glad he's dead. He deserved to be shot. He was f**king messianic. Listen to his songs! Imagine. I hate that f**king song. I'm glad he's dead."

According to Eszterhas, Mel saved his true fury for Oksana Grigorieva, saying, "I want to f**k her in the ass and stab her while I'm doing it."

And on the business side, Eszterhas claims Mel said this of Ari Emanuel, the head of the William Morris Endeavor Agency: "He's a c*nt Jewboy."

Mel has fired back at Joe, claiming the letter is a pack of lies.

0412_remembering_john_lennon_footer

tina

Mel is a huge piece of dog crap.........I don't care the color of his skin or where his ancestors were born. I judge a man by his deeds and He Sucks.

Anonymous

I used to like Mel Gibson movies back in the day becaise he played crazy charactes very well. Now I just think he has gone off the hook. Where does all his hate come from, unhappiness I think.
To say John Lennon should have been shot makes me sick!
So John Lennon should have been shot?
Mr. Gibson would not be worthy to lick Mr. Lennon's feet.

Gibson is a sick, hateful old man!

PK

I have a feeling a lot of people have hatred towards Jews but this society is keen on creating robots who love everything so people are afraid to speak their mind knowing they will have their image - career etc... ruined. Now ... Mel did what he did - he didn't kill anyone - he was drunk and said somethings. Sick and tired of people pretending like they never did anything that was seen as inappropriate by the law or society. It happened - move on. Now with this Joe Eszterhas. From all that rambling - I think all I see is a hollywood scriptwriter who is butt hurt that his script was rejected - possibly by Mel.

Janet

Sounds like typical Gibson alright. He's really recovered from his anger problems! Great job, Mel. I sure hope you get to play a great Jewish leader. You deserve to make money off of ... is it your guilt or your antisemitism? Either way, you can't keep a great bigot down.

jolie2344

Who cares!!! Lennon is dead.

anna

what a stupid, ignorant man...

Daniel

Its strange how none of the alleged hateful remarks were a problem until Joe Eszterhas writing was criticized..

DJ

Obviously Joe is working on the assumption any press is good press!! This letter may be the most epic thing he's wriiten since Basic Instinct!! This is the same ****ed up mind that came up with Showgirls!!
Mel isn't an angel, but it seems Joe is trying to extend his 15 minutes by trying to throw dirt in any direction!

cmt86

go **** yourself mel gibson

Sincerity

I'm not the "LEAST BIT SURPRISED" about this project blowing up in "BOTH" Joe Eszterhas' and Mel Gibson's faces. NO ONE was really all that comfortable with it, initially. In fact, it had "BOMB" written all over it!!! What I don't understand is "WHY" Joe Eszterhas "DIDN'T" see it coming??? Attaching himself to an "unfavorable" Mel Gibson Biblical project would create nothing but "SETBACKS". Somehow, I don't believe Joe Eszterhas is being "COMPLETELY HONEST" about "WHO" SAID "WHAT"??? Perhaps, he believes by publicly bashing Mel Gibson, his future works will receive a much more favorable reception from certain producers. Actually, Mel Gibson has "NO ONE" to blame except himself by not inviting someone from Warner Brothers to attend all of his meetings with Joe Eszterhas. Due to his "well do***ented" personal issues, Mel Gibson has allowed himself to become a "sitting duck with a "bullseye" on his back" in which somewhat "disgruntled" wannabes are using to elevate their own "PATHETIC" status in the entertainment world. The sooner her realizes this the better. It's time for him to stop becoming a "CONVENIENT" scapegoat for both the "PERSONAL and PROFESSIONAL" disappointments of others.

Ih8Taxes

Yup, it's starting to look like TMZ has a political agenda now. Before, it used to be an entertaining website but now it's just Harvey's left wing propaganda.

IceGypsy

Is Mel going to join Charlie on the new tour "Still Winning" ?

Mindy

Mel Gibson is a parasite.

Dammon

I like Mel even more now.

tmzfan

John Lennon was awesome. Whoever said he deserved to die is a jerk.