Joe Eszterhas

Mel Said John Lennon

Deserved To Be Shot

4/12/2012 6:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0411_mel_gibson_3

Mel Gibson celebrates John Lennon's death, claiming he deserved to die ... this according to the screenwriter of the failed "Maccabee" project, Joe Eszterhas.

In a scathing 9-page letter, obtained by The Wrap, Eszterhas claims Mel once ranted about the departed Beatle, "I'm glad he's dead. He deserved to be shot. He was f**king messianic. Listen to his songs! Imagine. I hate that f**king song. I'm glad he's dead."

According to Eszterhas, Mel saved his true fury for Oksana Grigorieva, saying, "I want to f**k her in the ass and stab her while I'm doing it."

And on the business side, Eszterhas claims Mel said this of Ari Emanuel, the head of the William Morris Endeavor Agency: "He's a c*nt Jewboy."

Mel has fired back at Joe, claiming the letter is a pack of lies.

0412_remembering_john_lennon_footer

lauren

Mel just needs to go away for ever. What does he offer the industry anymore??? He made him self a pariah.

JFO

So this is one person writing a letter "claiming" another said these things??? Why is this news??? I could write a letter about Joe Eszterhas and claim all sorts of things; doesn't make them true, does it????

christy

methinks esterhas is exagerating just a bit perhaps.
seriously doubt mel said those things. sure, he has anger
issues, among others, but this just doesnt sound right.
something is fishy in this pond.

ray

more bullsh!t from this hack blowhard. his letters are better than his script for showgirls

SUNIA3

Joe and TMZ looking for attention.

Different Rules Apply

@rini6: To say that Mel Gibson's movies relish cruelty and suffering is to say that you would rather keep your head in the sand that to understand the history Mel portrays in his movies. He portrays cruelty and suffering because that is what has occurred in the actual stories he is portraying. Keep you head and la la land and believe that everything is peaceful, rather than the reality that violence, cruelty and suffering are a reality of the human condition. Leave Mel alone, he gets such a bad wrap.

northern gypsy

sorry J.E. i'm not buying what your selling !!!
here's why...i just can't believe M.G. would get involved
in yet another scandal ...
at best...J.E. EMBELLISHED M.G. comments...

Tigers Wood

I was at the Standard last night at around 3am with Mel and I was talking to him and he said he was glad Abraham Lincoln got shot. We were working on a movie about the real Messiah Abraham and not Jesus, which I was writing a script for. He then called my script a pile of c*!@%&p.
Then Lindsey saw me talking to Mel and she came up and punched me in the stomach, which I now have a scratch. Amanda Bynes saw Lindsey punch and she started throwing Ice at her. It's all on tape at the Standard.

karlew

Did Ezsterhas also say Mel killed JFK and orchestrated the 911 tragedy? If not, wait it's coming. Don't think he's crazy just a vindictive idiot who's too stupid to try and beleivably demonize someone. Mels lawyers are gonna have a field day with this idiot. Hope he like Ramen noodles and beans cause that's what he's gonna be living on after they're done with him.

ragu4u

Honestly, who cares what Mel said or didn't say? What matters is the product he makes for the screen. He makes terrific films and I don't care who he hates. End of story!

NobodySpecial

Go to thewrap dot com and read the whole letter from Ezsterhas, nobody fabricates that kind of stuff. That letter is amazing. I believe every word Ezsterhas wrote.

snowcat

IF this is true,here is yet another reason to hate Mel Gibson.

Belinda

Here we go again. I thought it was awfully quiet lately seeing as Mel’s new movie was coming out. Then yesterday when the story showed up on MSN, I came here expecting TMZ to be all over it and there was nothing. Low and behold this morning, not one but four stories. Looks like the Hollywood bullies are at it again to try and derail his new movie.

Read the letter, quite theatrical. Probably better than the script. This guy sounds like a real nutjob.

2idiots

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! I guess this is proof "POSITIVE" if you dont "LIKE" someone "OR" something - Keep your comments to yourself. Mel's racist and anti-semitic comments will out live him.
I think CRACK-A-BEE is now off "THE TABLE" because "MORE" of "MR MEL's" anti-semtic "COMMENTS" have surfaced.
When is "LAURA" due? That wud just be the "ICING" on the "CAKE"
Oh and having taken a quick "STROLL" thru the "THREADS", it appears as if "MR MEL's" paid "SUPPORTERS" have all been "RE-HIRED".....Poor "IBS" got "STUCK" with the "LATE SHIFT AGAIN".

Charlie Sheen's Watch

Why are you guys printing the allegations being made by this guy Joe without also including a simple fact - Mel Gibson had a negative opinion about Joe's first draft of a script.

It is obvious the man has a motive to lie. Now TMZ just wants to run with the allegations without giving context to the real story.

Very misleading TMZ. Stay classy.