Morgan Freeman

I'm NOT Getting Married

to My Step-Granddaughter

4/12/2012 2:33 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Morgan Freeman and EDena Hines
Morgan Freeman is adamant ... he has NEVER had a romantic relationship with his 27-year-old step-granddaughter E'Dena Hines ... and slams all of the reports to the contrary as "defamatory fabrications."

Morgan just released a statement responding to recent reports that he and Hines have been dating for roughly 10 years and were planning to get married in the very near future.

Freeman's rep tells us the actor remained silent for years because he didn't want to "dignify these stories by commenting" ... but now he feels compelled to speak out after the reports were picked up by various "mainstream media" outlets.

In his statement, Freeman says, "The recent reports of any pending marriage or romantic relationship of me to anyone are defamatory fabrications from the tabloid media designed to sell papers. What is even more alarming is that these fabrications are now being picked up by the legitimate press as well."

E'Dena has also issued a statement ... saying, "These stories about me and my grandfather are not only untrue, they are also hurtful to me and my family."

For the record, E’Dena is the granddaughter of Morgan’s first wife, Jeanette Adair Bradshaw. She and Morgan are not related by blood.

X M D

congratulations Morgan , you must be very happy .

Ernest De Brew

She is really young for him. But, I could understand how he feels.

bboy

I believe him

Maria

According to all the supermarket scandal sheets thats why his wife divorced him. Why didn't he deny it then. He also used to take her to all the red carpet events until his wife blew thw whistle on him and then he stopped. He is a disgusting old PIG. But all the hollywood hacks continue to defend him.

Telma

Funny...I don't believe him.

Asessina

Normally I'd say rumors start from some little truth some where but in this case I'm without words except the media is so disgusting that you cant believe anything! anything you read. Whoever started this one should be fired and go flip burgers.

joy

I don't think had romantic relationship with her. He just had sex and took her to an award show. Oh, first you have to get a divorcé after 20 plus years. Go pimp daddy.

Nyd

Its true, its nasty, just like Morgan Freeman, a no talent, uncle tom.

kr

This is the first timenayone has said this may be false after years. I thought this is why he got divorced because was cheatign on his wife with her. I generally stopped watching freeman and despised any award show where he got something. Had no idea none of this wasn't true. i'm still on the fence about it since the wording is kinda vague but... we shall see what stories crop up and if he earns my forgiveness :P

Max

I always heard it was to allow her as his wife to inherit all his dough TaxFree as his spouse!

Rhody

Legitimate Press? What legitimate press?

Proud American

NASTY!!! Another Woody Allen ick!!!

MindiBurch

Jerilyn Westfall

God then, well....he might as well be on his on with God now.

SAM

marry eddie murphy's daughter...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments