Oprah Winfrey

Ripped By OWN Reality Star --

She FAILED Us

4/12/2012 8:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

041212_ryan_still0412_oprah_fault_video
Nobody watched Ryan O'Neal's reality show on the OWN network ... NOBODY ... not even Oprah Winfrey ... this according to Ryan O'Neal.

The 70-year-old Hollywood star -- who starred with his famous daughter on "Ryan and Tatum: The O'Neals" -- was out in L.A. yesterday when we asked how he felt about O's admission that she wasn't ready to launch her network.

O'Neal replied, "I wish we had known that ... she should have told us."

When we asked if he was worried that the extremely low-rated reality show would tarnish his reputation .... he simply shot back, "No because nobody saw it ... I don't know if Oprah saw it."

We're guessing there won't be a Season 2.

Sherri

You are such white trash, you and your disgusting children....go away.

Canadasux

Oprah just has to face reality. If she ever wants to be as watched, or as popular, as she once was, she'll have to start giving away free stuff again - and give it away in a big way! That's been her real claim to fame in the past. So, without doing that, who cares about Oprah! Americans now live in a, "What have you done for me lately," culture. She better face that.

berz

My mom and I loved that show and watched it all the time. OWN should rebroadcast now that OWN's ratings are way up:

Cheryl A.

OWN failed her OWN self.
I never heard of the show, never saw it and have ZERO interest in Ryan O'Neal and family. Once Farrah was gone his ability to interest most people waned.

Kathy

Sounds like a bad case of SOUR GRAPES to me. He didn't do that show because he wanted NOTHING from it. The fact the people are just OVER Ryan O'neal and his dysfunctional family speaks for itself. It's not Oprah's fault no one watched his show. We just don't care, Ryan.

Liz Flynn

I watched it - saw a few episodes anyway.
If anyone tarnished RO's rep via that show it was the man himself.

berz

Canadasux, oprah's claim to fame was never giving away free stuff. She only started doing that in her later years because Rosie was doing it. And how would that make a TV star more popular? Only a few hundred people in the studio get the gifts, not the millions watching at home who are the real audience.

KicksandGiggles

Nope not gonna blame Oprah - its up to him its his show and frankly, he is not relevant any more. Its his responsibilty show bombed. I never saw it nor heard of it. Man up Ryan!! You gotta carry your own show & you couldn't!!

Scotty

Tarnish his reputation? Didn't he raise a bunch of angry drug addicts?

Moi

NO one cares about Oprah anymore. She can't do anything good (ie: opening that girls school) without blasting it on TV and stating "look at me, look how good I am and to others" ...there is a difference with doing good and being an egocentric about it.

NO one watched OWN because it went to a network where, if you had basic cable, you had to pay to watch it.

NO one cares OPRAH. Quit being so ''me me me" and have some humility rather than trying to be the Queen of everything.
Enough.

PS...I love how you used to state about 'weight' and nutrition but are now so comfortable with being 400 pounds.
You are in the same category of Paris Hilton. A hypocrite.

Kari

Tarnish his reputation? What reputation? He's not a revered actor, does not have a history of being a good father. He hits on his own daughter at Farrah's funeral...tarnish his reputation? I think not!

Sue

Shut up Ryan

I saw your stupid show and it made you Look SO BAD. But you were just being your
stupid jerk self. Quit blaming others and take responsiblity for the horrible father
you were. All of your children have been addicted to drugs because of YOU and
your selfish, egotistic, insane way of conducting yourself. Even Farriah got rid
of you and could not stomach you anymore. Go soak your head, you idiot

Raine

Dude, Seriously, after you and your son were arrested for drugs while Farrah was on her death bed, I wouldn't watch anything you were in. Go back to the crack pipe. And a show about your estranged daughter who blames you for having a fk'd up life? Farrah was the only watchable part of any of your family, and now that she's gone you wanna try to mend fences with tatum? you must be joking. NOBODY watched ur show because you suck.

Rexan

My mom and I watched it all the time. It was one of the few shows on OWN my mom liked. They should rebroadcast it now that OWN's ratings are way up

ajkrik

Reputation? This guy is a colossal HAS-BEEN. I've seen his "reality" show and there is nothing worse for his vestigial reputation that seeing how pathetic a baby he is as he interacts with his insane daughter. What a couple of losers.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments