Oprah Winfrey

Ripped By OWN Reality Star --

She FAILED Us

4/12/2012 8:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

041212_ryan_still0412_oprah_fault_video
Nobody watched Ryan O'Neal's reality show on the OWN network ... NOBODY ... not even Oprah Winfrey ... this according to Ryan O'Neal.

The 70-year-old Hollywood star -- who starred with his famous daughter on "Ryan and Tatum: The O'Neals" -- was out in L.A. yesterday when we asked how he felt about O's admission that she wasn't ready to launch her network.

O'Neal replied, "I wish we had known that ... she should have told us."

When we asked if he was worried that the extremely low-rated reality show would tarnish his reputation .... he simply shot back, "No because nobody saw it ... I don't know if Oprah saw it."

We're guessing there won't be a Season 2.

Lacey

I loved the show and watch Ryan every week!!

karlew

I'm surrprised this twit didn't dig up Farrah Fawcett's body and put it on display for ratings. Her death is the only reason most folk even remember who he is.

Buckaroobonzai

I watched it, infact, it was the only thing I've ever gone to OWN for. I thought it was great. I read tatums books and really hated Ryan but the show really turned it around for me. Tatum is a nut and just needs to let it go and let the family live in peace. I hate people who always play the victim!

BrrrreakingNews@activist.com

Ryan, i realize you need to work - it is tough times in America, BUT you should have realized that Orca was too busy getting her man elected and now re-elected, too busy to focus on making her very own network successful and profitable.
Now she has to cut back sharply, but you did get to work for a while. the old "cup half-empty" or "cup half-full" thing going on.

gggossiphound

Not that Oprah needs me to defend her but... that TV show (The O'Neals) was horrible most of the time. I can't blame it on Oprah or on Tatum O'Neal it was because of Ryan O'Neal. It was SO uncomfortable to watch him and his dysfunction with EVERYONE he came into contact with. I think Mr. O'Neal was LUCKY to have had even a chance to have his own show. I watched it and he creeped me out!

O_o

man. o'neal is one of the whiniest chumps in hollywood. i've never seen anything like it. look crackhead, your show was going to suck, regardless of whether or not own was ready to launch. and you're wrong. I saw it...or 12 seconds of it. that was all that i could stomach.

Niki

Um ya, who wants to watch a washed up pedophile and a crack whore? These two were over before they even started.

BrrrreakingNews@activist.com

Oh GOOD GRIEF, dysfunction is what reality shows thrive on for success, keep it real.
Oprah 1.) doesn't know what she is doing 2)doesn't care about programming or 3) is too busy campaigning to take care of business.
Take your choice, any or all could be applicable.

Twilightstar

Good God TMZ! Harvey...... What is it with all of these ADD camera guys. First Kris and now this guy! We can't take much more of this hem-hawing around. We have places to go and things to do! Ryan is right -- get to the question!

TJ

I watched the O'Neals and loved it! I was hoping there would be a sequel.I also read both of Tatum's book and was fascinated! Yes ,Ryan is a bit of a narcissus and has denial issues about some of his actions and attitudes.I would love it if they would work with and be counseled by DR.PHIL.I think Ryan is a tortured man & hope he can find some peace of mind some day.

diva20

Nobody wants to watch ryan or tatum the both of them are washed up. Ryan Oneal used to beat his deceased wife farrah fawcett so who wants to watch and abuser on tv ryan bye go away.

Nicole

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I watched the show and thought it was pretty fascinating. Very sad, damaged family.

Joao

I don't like Oprah - AT ALL! However, Ryan can't blame Oprah if his shows stinks. I'd think the last thing he'd want is to have a spotlight on his messed up family.

Sandra

This guy is a selfish loser who treated his kids horribly!! No one wants to watch this crap and Oprah made a big mistake with this terrible excuse for a television show!!

Anonymous

She even turned her back on soap fans when they wanted their beloved soaps such as One Life to Live, All my Children on her network.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments