Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie

ENGAGED!!!

4/13/2012 4:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are finally engaged.
After 6 children and 7 years as an unmarried couple, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are finally engaged -- this according to Brad's rep.

Brad's manager Cynthia Pett-Dante released a statement confirming the engagement, but says there's no wedding date yet -- as of now, the engagement is simply a "promise for the future."

Angelina was photographed on Wednesday wearing what appears to be her engagement ring. Click here for the photo.

Pitt and Jolie met on the set of "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" back in 2005. They have three biological children (the twins Vivienne and Knox, and daughter Shiloh) and three adopted children (Maddox, Pax, and Zahara).

Brad and Angelina had previously stated they would NOT get married until gay people could get married too -- but admitted their children were pressuring them to tie the knot.

This will be Brad's second marriage and Angelina's third. Angelina was previously married to actors Jonny Lee Miller and Billy Bob Thornton. Brad was previously married to Jennifer Aniston.

Jennifer Aniston is still unmarried.

0413_BRAD_ANGELINA_FOOTER

TMZisSCUM

Wow, TMZ. Your sliminess never ceases to amaze me. Funny how you didn't mention the marital statuses of Jolie's exes, but went out of your way to mention Aniston's. Aniston seems like the only one of the three to have learned something from their failed marriage. Pitt and Jolie are both morons, and I'm sure this won't be the last engagement for either of them.

Ct1stclass

I am always amazed at the level of nastiness on some of the posters here.
I personally think all parties involved in this debate deserve happiness. Many seem to forget the years during Aniston& Pitts marriage that she spent refusing to acknowledge him in her Emmy speeches or in interviews. Times when she was asked if he was her soul mate & she said she wasn't sure. Then he would rave about her in interviews and gush about having children with her. Both stated she had promised him that when Friends ended they would start a family. It was a promise she did not keep. Then when Pitt started to develope feelings toward Jolie he went to his wife to come clean. Something Aniston herself said. After lots of discussion they both agreed the marriage was over. Again, Aniston's words. It seems to me, the marriage just wasn't meant to be. No one's fault. However the media painting Aniston as the victim has done more for her career than anything else ever could.
To comment on Jolie's weight is terrible. I know many mother's who are to busy to eat. Those kids look healthy and that's all that matters. Leave the hate red at the door people. There is far too much of it in the world.

palermo

Finally getting married, and after having about 87 kids or so. My guess is this will be an engagement that lasts until she cheats on him. Or starves to death. Whichever comes first.

backfire

Thrilled for them and wish all happiness. They are beautiful, talented and enormously generous....Wonderful family.

backfire

Excuse me? Did I just read "Kim is a good person like Angelina?????" LMFAO What are you? A moron? How is Kim a good person? She is a selfish twit who calculates everything she does including her having sex with Kanye.

telugumuchatlu

what is the big deal, no one engaged?? some folks realize early some get it late..better late then never..Congratulations Brad and Jolie..

sPaNkdEnALgAs

Come on TMZ....that is th UGLIEST picture your could have picked for her....it's like posting a picture of Jennifer Aniston in the movie "Picture Perfect"....nothing perfect about her then.....

Tokolele

HAHAHA the last comment about jen aniston MADE MY DAY! such a great end haha

A viewer

Good - They deserve each other.

Gab

I love, love, love that picture of Angelina. True to life. (or death depending on how you look at it)

CHRISTINA

I SAY TO HELL WITH BOTH OF THEM ..I USED TO LOVE BRAD BUT NOW HE SUCKS ..ANGELINA IS NOTHING BUT A LOW LIFE B**CH..WHAT KIND OF EXAMPLE ARE YOU MAKING FOR YOUR KIDS AS A WOMAN TO YOUR DAUGHTER THAT'S ITS OKAY TO MESS WITH A MARRIED MAN .. I KNOW THEY ARE BOTH RESPONSIBLE BUT SHE AS A WOMAN SUPPOSED TO HAVE MORE RESPECT ..HE'S A TRASH..AND SHE WORST THAN A CRACK HEAD HOOKER .

Jay

Why? What's the point? "A promise for the FUTURE" they say? Haha! Good god, 7 yrs together and 6 kids, I think they just need to forget it, they're stuck together forever anyway! A shame that it did take 7 years and 6 kids, pathetic Pitt, wasn't she worth it to him at least five years ago? I'd feel like telling him to stick it if I were her, I'd be tempted to say, "sorry", don't think so!

Cartman

This is hilarious. There is no way this marriage will ever last.

Odds are better that North Korea could deliver a nuclear bomb to the USA than a Brad and Angelina marriage could last more than a year or so.

They are both cheaters. What does anyone really expect?

I think this is their way of announcing a split.

txcn

Who picked the picture of Angelina Jolie? Jennifer Aniston??

M.T.