Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie

ENGAGED!!!

4/13/2012 4:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are finally engaged.
After 6 children and 7 years as an unmarried couple, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are finally engaged -- this according to Brad's rep.

Brad's manager Cynthia Pett-Dante released a statement confirming the engagement, but says there's no wedding date yet -- as of now, the engagement is simply a "promise for the future."

Angelina was photographed on Wednesday wearing what appears to be her engagement ring. Click here for the photo.

Pitt and Jolie met on the set of "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" back in 2005. They have three biological children (the twins Vivienne and Knox, and daughter Shiloh) and three adopted children (Maddox, Pax, and Zahara).

Brad and Angelina had previously stated they would NOT get married until gay people could get married too -- but admitted their children were pressuring them to tie the knot.

This will be Brad's second marriage and Angelina's third. Angelina was previously married to actors Jonny Lee Miller and Billy Bob Thornton. Brad was previously married to Jennifer Aniston.

Jennifer Aniston is still unmarried.

0413_BRAD_ANGELINA_FOOTER

@taylor

So? And that means what to me? I can't stand these people!

DiM

Oh boy, this will sure be LONG "engagement" since they are always so desperate to stay in the news.

Arthur

I guess Brad wears those Dark Glasses so he can't see her Ugly assface

BB not bb

Everything Anglina does is political. She can't get married until the gays can. She gets her kids from third world countries to give them a better life or something. Brad is just a mindless twerp who is like putty in her hands. She needs back up for her crazy schemes.

Both Brad and Jen seemed kind of mindless honestly, so in walks the calculating Angelina to take over and have her fun. I think Anglina is a bit too full of herself. I still feel bad for Jen also because she was having a fight with her husband and Angelina took full advantage of it.

I bet Brad secretly regrets leaving Jen but he got tied to Angelina with all of those kids that he wanted so bad from Jen. His self righteousness got him ensared by someone even more self righteous than he is. Jen meanwhile seems to be wandering around like a lost puppy.

I wish Angelina could have some compassion for other people's marriages instead of only worring about her UNICEF projects in her own house. I also don't know what is up with how they are raising that poor little Shiloh, but they are making her look ridiculous with that butch style all the time. Maybe Angelina has trouble caring about people unless there are politics involved.

She dresses the black girl in nice clothes and makes Shiloh look horrible. Even the haircut is as unflattering as can be. That little girl is so pretty besides. I think Angelina just has a very passive agressive mean streak and is cunning enough to mess up people around her with it.

BB not bb

Imagine if Brad took his three kids and went back to Jen and left Angelina with all of the foreigners? I don't know, but she seems to favor them and be a better parent to them than to her own kids. I bet she could handle three on her own and Jen would take in Brad's three if he took her back.

I heard that Brad and Angie fight alot so what would be the big difference? Maybe Angie could dredge up her first husband and go from there. Weren't her first two husbands like some weirdo hick types? I think her prior angle was getting back at her father who she seems to hate for some reason. I think he is known as a class act so she wanted to find trashy men to marry.

I think she needs to calm down and stop getting so carried away with herself. She seems like a child hoarder and a husband hoarder in a way. I don't think that she is stupid or insensitive, she is just kind of crazy. Loved her in Girl Interrupted.

annie2

Who cares? It's so anti-climactic at this point anyway. I'm glad for their kids, though; they (Brangelina) kept saying the kids have been asking them to get married. Glad for Jen that she has found someone, too. Hardly see hide nor hair of her anymore...wish we would. She seems infinitely nicer than Jolie. But I've always been an unabashed Aniston fan:)

BB not bb

Oh I guess Jonny Lee Miller has a hick sounding name but isn't really a hick and is remarried with a kid. Oh well that is too bad. He seems like an okay person. Maybe Angie just has issues with herself regarding men because of her conflicts with her father.

E

I feel like these 2 are such attention whores. To bring attention back to them, they announce this engagement. Why not just get engaged and leave the media out of it? Why announce it to everyone. Oh yeah. Cause you need/love the media attention. I don't know why I revile these 2 so much. They simply come off as so insincere and strange.

Hankster

Truth Be Told!! they will be the most powerful movie stars ever. This is just the beginning. Pull out the cameras!

Scotty

Angelina's father cheated and left her family right around the time of Angelina's birth. Angelina witnessed her mother's despair and eventual bitterness toward John Voigt. I think Angelina vowed never to be a woman like her mother, and chose to be like her father instead. She's immoral. She's cold blooded. She hates women. She does not have a single female friend. Jennifer Anniston never had a chance against her, even though Jennifer's past was not perfect, she's a nice human being.

flmermaid

Who cares? I don't get the fascination with these two. I have never watched a movie by either one. They have been over exposed in the media for years now and most people don't give a rats azz.

Gigi

A promise for the future? If you aren't planning on setting a date...you aren't engaged. The only difference in their relationship is that she now has a pretty ring to wear. I suspect ulterior motives for this "big announcement". Perhaps keeping her happy without having to make an actual commitment? To keep the kids happy? I don't know, but I'm not buying it.

Tess

Jennifer Aniston is as single as Angelina Jolie, as in both have boyfriends but are not married. As for Jennifer, at least she's not "single" with 6 kids.

nuffsaid

Jenn's ring was better.

IceGypsy

It's just a piece of paper at this point. I'm sure they have considered themselves married for a long time. I've been with my man for going on 15yrs now. We don't have that paper but we are prob more married than many that have it. Prob doing it for the kids. Hope they manage to pull off the ceremony without a bunch of ass-clown photogs interfering.