Mickey Rourke

I Believe In Mel Gibson

... He's an Easy Target

4/13/2012 6:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0413_rourke_videoMel Gibson has at least one supporter in Hollywood ... his friend Mickey Rourke ... who tells TMZ, he thinks Joe Eszterhas is a LIAR ... who's out to smear Mel's reputation.

Mickey was leaving Caffe Primo in West Hollywood when we asked about Joe's allegations that Mel is a violent Jew-hater who hates John Lennon.

Mickey's response -- "Everybody is looking to make Mel look bad ... he's an easy f**king target."

He explained, "We live in a town that's built on envy."

It's not the first time Mickey's come to Mel's defense -- back in 2010, following Oksana Grigorieva's domestic violence allegations, Mickey said, "I wouldn't believe everything you hear ... I think he's a good dude, you know. And ah, screw the bitch!"

Dian

Thank you Mickey! I believe he didn't say it either! Hollywood Hypocites Leave Mel alone!

Tammy Haynes

we live in America, so whatever Mel says right or wrong...freedom of speech

peachpie

Micky rourke says he's not a racist, that's all i need.

fuddyduddy

Love, Mickey! I like your style and I like your honesty.

2idiots

Ahahahah! Mickey's just hoping that Mel will give him a roll his a movie (if he ever makes another). Azz-Kisser

YouDontSay

Yep

Canadasux

Even though Mel Gibson's dad was known as an anti-semite, Gibson himself used to have such a sterling, "nice-guy" reputation in the entertainment industry and to his fans. But, "sometimes the apple really doesn't fall far from the tree."

Sandra

I agree with Mickey on this one!!

northern gypsy

i've always believed M.R. is a straight talking guy...
he's worked h-wood and knows how it goes...
M.G. crime is giving them enough rope to hang himself !!!

Jim in Cali

I agree with Mickey. Nobody cares about Joe EAstoiautimiwj or whatever the hell his name is.

Team Mel!

Big Boy Pants

Amen brother Rourke! Gibson will spend the rest of his life with a target on his back. And if people decide to take advantage of that, then they are no better than Gibson.

Tigers Wood

Joe Eszterhas should apologize to everyone for writing the screenplay for Showgirls!

Tesla_Consulting

This is a news site built on gossip. I hear Mel is a really nice guy.

JOHN

THE ONLY WAY TO SETTLE THIS IS..... PUT THE ALLEGED..RANTS... ON THE TABLE....SAME WAY THE .....DOMESTIC RANTS.. WERE TABLED....LET THE CHIPS FALL WHERE THEY MAY.PERIOD!

SusanCoyote

He's right! Joe Eszterhas is a major douche-bag and liar extraordinaire! Mel is in trouble but I don't think people like Jodie Foster would stand by him if she thought he was really that icky.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments