Mickey Rourke

I Believe In Mel Gibson

... He's an Easy Target

4/13/2012 6:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0413_rourke_videoMel Gibson has at least one supporter in Hollywood ... his friend Mickey Rourke ... who tells TMZ, he thinks Joe Eszterhas is a LIAR ... who's out to smear Mel's reputation.

Mickey was leaving Caffe Primo in West Hollywood when we asked about Joe's allegations that Mel is a violent Jew-hater who hates John Lennon.

Mickey's response -- "Everybody is looking to make Mel look bad ... he's an easy f**king target."

He explained, "We live in a town that's built on envy."

It's not the first time Mickey's come to Mel's defense -- back in 2010, following Oksana Grigorieva's domestic violence allegations, Mickey said, "I wouldn't believe everything you hear ... I think he's a good dude, you know. And ah, screw the bitch!"

Lynn

Passion of the Christ was the best movie ever made!! This nobody Joe wishes he could write a movie like this...Go Mickey...

Herman Munster

He has been hit in the head one to many times...

Mork12

There are so many Anti-Gentiles in H-Wood, It's good to see Rourke is not one of them.

THE BEAVER

I wonder if Oksana is paying Joe in some way to talk trash about Mel Gibson.

MEL GIBSON WOULDN'T HAVE MADE THE PASSION IF HE HATED JEWS, YOU STUPID IGORNAT ASSESS!! JESUS IS A JEW!!!!

OH, YOU JEWS IN HOLLYWOOD, AND THE PEOPLE THAT THINK MEL HATES THE JEWS. HOW COME YOU DIDN'T PUT MONEY ON THE MAKING OF THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST.. YOUR JEW SAVIOR..HUM?

YOU GUYS TALK THE TALK, BUT DON'T WALK THE WALK. THE BETTER PERSON HERE IS MEL GIBSON!!!

THE BEAVER

THANKS, MICKEY !!

Kevin

I'm Jewish Asian and I agree with Mickey Rourke.

THE BEAVER

GOLLY: 3 hours ago

You can tell how much someone has a vendetta against you by the number of articles on TMZ.

YEAP, THAT SHOULD SHOW THE JUDGE AND MEL GIBSON'S LAWYERS THAT THEY SHOULD HAVE PUT OKSANA IN JAIL. MAYBE THEN THERE WOULDN'T BE OTHER IDIOTS OUT THERE TRYING TO DO THE SAME DAMN THING TO THIS POOR MAN.

patty

i saw Joe Eszterhas interview this am, i'm thinking this is bs now - he said his friends told their kids to run and hide from mel and his son slept w/ a butcher knife under his pillow, he was so scared of mel - if this was true and joe thought kids were in danger - wouldn't he ave kicked mel out or just left??

bunny

Yeah, he'll pick Mel so he can get some work in the future.

September

I have to wonder why Joe Eszterhas would continue to subject himself and his wife and child to Mel's 'behavior'. If someone behaved like that at one dinner I would never return or be in their company again. It is so obvious to me that Mr. Eszterhas is out to further smear Mel. Does the saying with friends like you, who needs enemies mean anything to you Mr. Eszterhas? I think if you truly were Mel's friend, and he was truly behaving the way you allege in your horrible letter, wouldn't you feel compassion for someone who is so troubled and try to help them, rather than try to tear them down futher? You Mr. Eszterhas makes me sick and you should be ashamed of your lies and trechery.

flmermaid

I love Mickey Rourke. He speaks the truth. Leave Mel alone.

teedofftaxpayer

They're both two of a kind and I wouldn't pay to see either one of them. Mel is a washed up has been who thinks he is still something. Mickey in my opinion, is a "never was and never will be". I do beleive that Mel Gibson is a hater.

Bettsie

I love Mickey Rourke he doesn't mess around if he has something to say. Somebody a few emails up says he jewish asian ha ha
what the hell is that dinner for one no spring rolls. Never like those slanty eyed bastards. They do like to rent my boats in Redondo Beach. Betty G Boat Rental in Redondo Beach.

rhbjorn

Funny how repeating allegations becomes an argument for their truth.

cluetrain

I love Mickey Rourke because he calls it like he sees it and he's usually right. It's been open season on Mel Gibson for the last five years so no surprise that the wholesale character assassination continues.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments