Mickey Rourke

Joe Eszterhas Is Just Bitter

Mel Gibson Didn't Like His Script

4/14/2012 6:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0414_mickey_rourke_video
Mickey Rourke continues to be Team Gibson all the way in the Joe Eszterhas/Mel Gibson feud -- telling our photog that Joe is just upset that Mel didn't want to make a movie with him.

Rourke -- who would only talk to us for a second straight day if our camera guy bought him ice cream -- said that Eszterhas is just bringing up "old s**t" because he has a personal beef with Mel.

Rourke supports Mel even though he knows it's not the popular thing, telling us, "I know my agent is going to yell at me tomorrow for sticking up for Mel, but ... somebody has to."

2idiots

Hey Mickey, are you adding your TMZ spots to your resume? Will the TMZ video be addd to your B-Roll?

Sandy

The amount of effort that has gone into tarnishing Mel Gibson is unlike anything I have ever seen. Mega kudos to Mickey Rourke for having the courage to speak out and support his friend. Honestly, when will the Mel Gibson witch-hunt end?

fuddyduddy

Hi Belinda! I thought that was very interesting also coming from Mickey. I like Hollywood as far as the business-side of things and how there is a lot of industry there that is creative. I enjoy a good movie and I like to be entertained, but I don't think I like what sounds like a big 'clique' to me. That part I would not like. I think Mickey is true-blue. I like him!

2idiots

Sandy: less than a minute ago
-----
Perhaps you should go back thru some of the old MEL/Oksana threads and see how much effort the flock put into tarnishing OG's reputation!
Sandy article does say that Mickey agreed to speak ONLY if the TMZ camera guy bought him ICE CREAM.

thomas

Joe Eszterhas clearly has an axe to grind and Mel is an easy target as Mickey Rourke presciently points out. I wish Mickey and Mel would get together and collaborate on a film.

Sandy

Joe Eszterhas saw how much hyperbolic media attention Oksana garnered when she made her own false claims so Joe decided to pile on with his own contrived sob story. Are we supposed to feel sorry for Joe Eszterhas? Honestly, suspension of disbelief is one thing but Joe's story here stretches the boundaries of credulity to the limits...

2idiots

fuddyduddy: 3 minutes ago
No one was trying to tarnish OG's reputation. She was doing a good job on her own. Articles were posted, and they were discussed.
-------
But the flock still felt it necessary to call her every name in the book while spinning wild tales of conspiracy (none of which came true by the way) I dont think I'd call what the flock did "discussions" - more like slaughter sessions.
Hey - here's an idea, maybe MR MEL could host an ICE CREAM Social in "COSTA RICA" (before this house sells) to garner support!

shirleyholmes

By 2idiots/og

At least Mickey got what he wanted.

I read about a woman who taped a famous moviestar, was offered 15 million dollars, turned it down and ended up with "pocket money".

peoplearesilly

And we should care about his opinion for some reason? Go figure.

GOLLY

Think of how many people Mel has helped with their substance abuse problems. I know you have read many stories on this big anti-mel site. Mel has done so much to help others, but since the movie "The Passion of The Christ" it seems as if the jewish community has been out to get him. Think back to when the movie came out, all of the jewish leaders condemming the movie. It is a conspiracy. There are people here at TMZ that have it out for Mel, so they are going to blow anything that is anti-Mel out of proportion. Take what you read here with a grain of salt. These people are gossip mongers. It is their job.

DESERTLOX

Jow Eszterhas is a genius writer . I read his AutoBiography and he is and always will be sheer genius.!!

michelle

Oh Mickey
You blow my mind

Oh Mickey
You blow my mind
Hey Mickey!

Oh Mickey
You blow my mind

Oh Mickey
You blow my mind
Hey Mickey!

Hey, Mickey!
You've been around all night
And that's a little long
You think you've got it right
And I think you got it wrong
But can't you say goodnight
So you can take me home Mickey

Cuz when you say you will
It always means you won't
You're giving me the chills
Baby, please baby, don't
Everynight you still leave me all alone Mickey
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/b/bring_it_on/hey_mickey.html ]
*Oh Mickey, what a pity
You don't understand
You take me by the heart
When you take me by the hand
Oh Mickey, you're so pretty
Can't you understand
It's guys like you Mickey
Oh what you do Mickey, do Mickey
Don't break my heart Mickey!

Hey Mickey!
Now when you take me by the
Who's ever gonna know
Everytime you move I let
A little more show
It's something we can use
So don't say no Mickey

So c'mon and give it to me anyway you can
Anyway you wanna do it
I'll treat you like a man
But please baby please, don't leave me in the banned Mickey

*Oh Mickey, what a pity
You don't understand
You take me by the heart
When you take me by the hand
Oh Mickey, you're so pretty
Can't you understand
It's guys like you Mickey
Oh what you do Mickey, do Mickey
Don't break my heart Mickey!

Oh Mickey
You blow my mind

Oh Mickey
You blow my mind
Hey Mickey!

Oh Mickey
You blow my mind

Oh Mickey
You blow my mind
Hey Mickey!

buzz kill

Is this guy all there? Why does he wear that dumb rag on his head? Whatever he is hiding under it can't be as bad as that rag.

Babydoll0630

Yet, the Kardashians are OBVIOUS fame whores and you never ridicule them.

fuddyduddy

I like the post from 'Golly' about Mel helping others. He has done a lot. I recall him reaching out to Britney, and Whitney Houston's family invited him to her funeral, so they think he's a good person. I have read of times when Mel loaned his jet for Haiti relief. And I would wager that there are more times he has helped then we ever read about.