Mickey Rourke

Joe Eszterhas Is Just Bitter

Mel Gibson Didn't Like His Script

4/14/2012 6:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0414_mickey_rourke_video
Mickey Rourke continues to be Team Gibson all the way in the Joe Eszterhas/Mel Gibson feud -- telling our photog that Joe is just upset that Mel didn't want to make a movie with him.

Rourke -- who would only talk to us for a second straight day if our camera guy bought him ice cream -- said that Eszterhas is just bringing up "old s**t" because he has a personal beef with Mel.

Rourke supports Mel even though he knows it's not the popular thing, telling us, "I know my agent is going to yell at me tomorrow for sticking up for Mel, but ... somebody has to."

bart

What happened to this guy. He looks like some kind of scary freak. Gibson is just a mean racist. I believe the writer. When he was drunk we heard the true Mel. Look where this guy grew up and the family he was from. His father does not believe the holocaust happen. Too bad Mel is like this. I will never never watch any of his movies.

road_angel

Nice he was upfront and honest ( Rare to find these days) and told the public the real deal behind this other guy ranting and raving. The media can often be one sided. Not many people would do that in fear they would lose acting jobs down the road. And I hope he keeps getting work.

2idiots

Fuddy now that you've had a nice serving of HUMBLE PIE perhaps you'll admit you really have NO CLUE as to what is going on. You and flock peck and peck away at OG and anyone who YOU DONT LIKE. You can pull MR MEL's affidavits but you dont know the terms of the final agreement.....FREEEEE-DUMB.

2idiots

and Fuddy, I'm sure if you dig deep enough into old TMZ threads you'll find comments from FLOCKERS who said things like OG will never be able to keep her yap shut...blah blah blah.....well guess what THE FLOCK HAS BEEN PROVEN WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG.

fuddyduddy

I have more of a clue than you do, 2Idiots. Not recalling a detail from last year is no big deal -- I've slept since then.

2idiots

And Fuddy one other point. The FLOCK has been dead wrong on just about everything:
- OG never got deported, never went to jail, never lost custody
- MG's big comeback BEAVER - FLOP, Maccabee - shelved, Viking movie - scraped
Tee Hee with sparkles and a Le Snicker, Le Sneer for good measure

fuddyduddy

2Idiots, you are right -- OG did not get deported.

But, OG did not get full custody of Lucia.

OG did not get $60...k in child support per month that she was seeking.

OG lost out on $15 million.

OG did not get the Steinway.

OG's CD has not been a big seller, has it?

OG's singing career has not exactly taken off, even with Mel's help. David Foster wouldn't help her at all.

OG did not get the multi-million dollar home she wanted in a gated community.

But, OG did get to keep the Dodge Charger!

And OG had to give Mel more time with Lucia.

fuddyduddy

Oh -- and she has to pay her attorney, the one who negotiated her settlement with Mel in 2010 -- the $1 million she owes him -- even though she backed out of the agreement. How's that for one smart cookie?

minnietx

Umm this guy seems to be drinking the Randy Quaid Koolaid!

anon

I'm going to side with Mel for now. This recent tirade (esterhaus) is very odd and childish. He seems angry and jealous.

2idiots

fuddyduddy: about an hour ago
2Idiots, you are right -- OG did not get deported.
But, OG did not get full custody of Lucia.
OG did not get $60......k in child support per month that she was seeking.
OG lost out on $15 million.
OG did not get the Steinway.
OG's CD has not been a big seller, has it?
OG did not get the multi-million dollar home she wanted in a gated community.
But, OG did get to keep the Dodge Charger!
And OG had to give Mel more time with Lucia.
-----
Fuddy - my apologies to you for misunderstanding what you replied to me earlier about the Settlement agreement. The way I read ur comment to me, i read it as if I was tell you something! Again, to that my apologies.
Touche on the point about the agreement where she's paying off the lawyers - that i didnt know.
is it fair to bring up her CD as a flopper when I can come back w/ The Beaver? We shud call that one even.
no house in a gated community but a house nonetheless and Sherm. Oaks isn't a bad deal.
the charger - OK that one I have to laff at
But IMO, if OG loses the balance of her 750K if she talks, i would bet money that OG's lawyers made sure there was a clause stating that if MG talked HE paid a penalty....
Again my apologies for misunderstanding you earlier (and on a personal note - i hope you've made it thru this years early tornado season - it's been bad and hopefully the early start will mean an early end)

cluetrain

It's sad how low some people will stoop just to get a glimmer of media attention. Joe Eszterhas has not had a viable career in Hollywood for ages so he needs to latch onto any scrap of notoriety he can muster. Eszterhaus is simply manufacturing controversy because his ego has been bruised. Total tempest in a teapot...

tellmeaboutit

Mickey's just a burned out shell.

spyseagullrobot

he'll spend time with you if you give him ice cream?! Hey Mickey got some rocky road in my frezzer...look me up on facebook :)

levi

Why does this guy look like he just fell out of a meat grinder ?