Robin Gibb

In a Coma, Battling Pneumonia

4/14/2012 4:34 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Bee Gees legend Robin Gibb
Bee Gees legend Robin Gibb is in a coma and his family has gathered by his bedside amid fears he only has days to live ... this according to a new report.

Gibb has been battling colon and liver cancer and is now suffering from pneumonia, says The Sun.

The paper says the 62-year-old's family has gathered for a bedside vigil.

A family friend told the paper, "If there is anyone you would put money on pulling through such a dire situation, it would be Robin because he is a fighter. But this is a battle he will struggle to win."

Gibb has been battling cancer since 2010 and had surgery to treat a twisted bowel -- the condition that killed his twin brother Maurice nine years ago.

I-See-Dumb-People

Get well soon, Robin! You truly are a legend.

PS -- first

Sharon

The Bee Gees are my favorite singing group. I've been to
seem them in concert several times. I just love them.
This is such sad news to hear, they have had their share
of deep losses. My prayers are with Robin and his entire
family.

Mia

Prayers and Love for Robin and his family.

Mia

I love Robin, I've loved the BeeGee's music all my life. The Titanic Requiem Robin wrote is beautiful, everyone should hear it.
Praying for you Robin and sending love to your family xoxo

Fat Mike

Most news outlets have been reporting he has only hours to live.
Very sad. The man is a true superstar and one of the greatest talents of our time.

buzz kill

That sucks. The reaper waits for all of us, just a matter of time. Sad, always enjoyed the Bee Gees

melliemel

Come on Robin, get out of that bed. Show people what LEGENDS are made of. Praying that you have a swift recovery. Yep, I'm from the Staying Alive generation.

Rock Singer

I think I'm going to play his records tonight and hope for the best for a man who has brought so much happiness into the lives of so many...

Thank You Robin from the bottom of my heart.

dinnyc

Not good news

Butterfly

Such sad news, wish you the best,in one way or the other!

debbie

LOVED THE BEE GEES! my thoughts & prayers go out to him & his family

rosa

Oh No!!! My beloved Bee Gees are fading. Will always be some of my FAVORITE singing acts. He will join his other half twin & his long lost brother Andy. Barry must be devastated. Isn't Barry the oldest?

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

His immune system is compromised, pneumonia is the kiss of death. If will had anything to do with it, nobody would die. It's sad, but that's reality.

fran

Prayers for Robin..God Bless you and your family...

yellowputty

R.I.P
But the family friend is sugar coating it , no way I would have put my money on Gibb to have pulled out of the coma.
My money would be on Rocky Balboa.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments